Cricket Winter 2021 Thread - T20 World Cup and Ashes Humiliation

After being utterly devoid of any cricket to speak of in the last 18 months, thank the Lord that the cricket is well and truly back.

The jamboree of ̶E̶u̶r̶o̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ , ̶T̶2̶0̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶C̶u̶p̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶, T20 World Cup 2021 gets going this Sunday with the mouthwatering clash of Oman vs Papua New Guinea. I’ll be struggling to muster up enthusiasm until the point where England are doing well and/or Australia are getting knocked out.

Eventual winner will be:

• England
  • Australia
  • South Africa
  • West Indies
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • New Zealand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sri Lanka
  • Bangladesh
  • CBA to type out the rest, no offence Scotland

0 voters

Then it’s over to Australia for what must surely be the least eagerly anticipated Ashes series in recent memory, as Rooty’s brave boys bubble up and cross state-wide quarantine lines to face Painey’s hermits.

Both sides have one outstanding batter & assorted others to run up the scoreboard, while on the bowling front Australia’s long-standing bowling attack surely shows up England’s, which looks like one decidedly suited to English conditions. A cracking plan, with one obvious problem…

Series result:

• Comfortable Australia Win
  • Narrow Australia Win
  • Draw
  • Narrow England Win
  • Comfortable England Win (Lol

0 voters

The Ashes are a really, really bad idea.

The whole skating over Covid, player welfare, mental health from bubbles etc. Issues thing would be more understandable if it was going to be a close series but who genuinely believes we have a chance of even getting a draw in a test without the aid of a monsoon rocking up?

If Archer was fit, and we could rely on Wood staying in one piece, plus Robinson and maybe a fit Pope, and we had a captain who knew how to use strike bowlers without clapping them out, plus we knew who our best wicket taking spinner at test level was and actually picked them rather than an all rounder who might get you the odd 30 then… .

The batting still isn’t going to get us the runs to make it competitive.

2 Likes

Thread title needs more :cricket:

1 Like

and Stokes. It’d be handy to have him too.

1 Like

Michael Vaughan was on my phone this morning saying that he thinks Stokes might play in some of the series since his surgery appears to have been successful, and Michael Vaughan would never say something just for attention, would he?

1 Like

The classic English player who has become the best in the world whilst hit playing, and will probably be back in the team as soon as his cast is off, regardless of any consequences for the mid to long term.

1 Like

Announcing Cricket 22: A New Era Of Cricket Games Has Arrived! | Great Games (bigant.com)

Dunno if there are any gamers in here, but I got very excited when I found out about this yesterday!

1 Like

haven’t played a cricket game since Brian Lara Cricket on the PS1, but will keep an eye on this :+1:

I didn’t get the last one (Cricket 19), but have and still play the one before (Ashes Cricket). Batting can get quite easy, but there is a real satisfaction about getting a wicket. Looking forward to this new one.

Coach Langer

A wise man once said: don’t overbowl Jofra Archer. You’ll regret it.

2 Likes

All the news today, lions squad announced which seems decent, few omissions but it is a short tour. England Lions in Australia 2021-22 - Rob Yates, Liam Norwell, Josh Bohannon named in England Lions squad

County championship is going straight back to two divisions with the divisions based on how they were before, so Notts are division 2

Oh man, what a start for Oman

Hup Holland hup!

Oh fuck sake

If that run out was any more village it would have a campaign to save its post office.

2 Likes

Noooooooooo Ryan!

Hatrick! Blimey!

Double hattrick!

1 Like

This Papua New Guinea kit is wild. Love the cap especially.