🏏🦗 CRICKET WORLD CUP: ENGLAND 2019 🏏🦗

Binnys at the ready, It’s time to spend a month listening to old white men on the wireless

Should be an absolute belter, could probably make a decent argument for 8 of the 10 teams to win it. Favourites will be England, India and a resurgent Australia.

Literally no chance of England embarrassingly capitulating this year

• England
  • India
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • South Africa
  • Pakistan
  • Bangladesh
  • West Indies
  • Sri Lanka
  • Afghanistan

0 voters

More polls, chat etc. welcome. Kicks off with England - South Africa today at 10:30

Wait are we voting for who we think will win or who we want to win? Either way Afghanistan :afghanistan:

1 Like

WINNER: India
RUNNER UP: Australia
SEMI-FINALISTS: India, Australia, England, PBIN
BOTTOM: Sri Lanka
TOP RUN SCORER: Smith
WICKET TAKER: Boult

WORLD CUP

1 Like

Predictions

I’m off to watch Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan on Tuesday. Wasn’t expecting much from it but I watched the Afghanistan v Pakistan warm up game and it was surprisngly entertaining. I’m on #teamafghanistan I reckon, they seemed a likeable bunch.

(I don’t know shit about cricket though)

2 Likes

Managed to get a free ticket for England v Afghanistan. Assuming it’ll be an embarrassing defeat for England or we’ll get 500. And nothing in between

WORLD CUP!

I voted for England, but India and Chria Gayle and Steve Smith scare me.

ODI Records to go this tournament

• Highest team score (481)
  • Highest aggregate score (872)
  • Highest run chase (438)
  • Most sixes in an innings (24)
  • Fastest 50 (16 balls)
  • Fastest 100 (31 balls)
  • None of these

0 voters

I feel like we’re going to see a huge amount of steve smith batting this summer

3 Likes

I can only imagine how focused he’ll be after a year with nothing to do but focus on making thw bigg3st of scores. No bad runs of form to recover from. Terrifying.

1 Like

He looked in seriously terrifying nick against England in that warm up game. Fantasy team shoo in.

ooh what site? have we got time to set up a league?

I’ve got a team on playcricketfantasy.com which seems decent!

Six weeks is probably a bit long, but big fan of the round robin format.

1 Like

That’s always the problem with cricket WORLD CUP! but then again it’s missed when it’s over.

All or nothing IMHO. Depends how flat a flat pitch can be.

Player of the tournament: NABI

Turkey of the tournament: JOFRA

Can’t stand it myself. The one and only reason it’s in this format is because of India. If it’s a proper knock out tournament and they get knocked out early then the international viewing figures collapse because India fans tend to only watch India and they are by far the most numerous. So the reason why we don’t have more teams (Holland!) and proper knock out all or nothing matches is down to this. Grrrr.

3 Likes

If we’ve got six weeks off Steve Smith scoring big and some kind of hideous “redemption” narrative I think I might throw my TV out the window.

2 Likes