🏏🦗 CRICKET WORLD CUP: ENGLAND 2019 🏏🦗

3 months, mate

1 Like

I’ve set up a league if anyone fancies it. Code is 3295

@The_Excession assume this is up your street

1 Like

Makes sense.

But it means there’s a much higher chance of the best team winning it, surely? An issue i have with cup competitions in sport generally is that’s not always the case and luck can play too big a part, teams can not recover from an off-day or lose even just a bad decision. Can see why people could argue that’s actually a positive thing like, but…

1 Like

Nice one. I’m in.

I’m assuming (and playing it as though) the 80 changes in the group stage means you can basically pick a team for the next 3/4 games and make wholesale changes each time. at least that’s how I’ve set my team up

I love watching Steve Smith bat

I enjoyed watching him cry

5 Likes

Was trying to set up a squad of 16 with that budget… Pillock…

1 Like

Clearly.

Morgan’s a great interviewee, eh. Could listen to him all day.

Out of interest, what are the other factors in chasing being favourable in the limited-overs game (Sky say 61% versus 39%) beyond, i guess, the mental advantage and clarity of knowing exactly what you need? How often are the balls changed? How much can the pitch alter over a single day? Are there any patterns in terms of D/L being advantageous to teams batting first or second, etc?

Think the first 2 hours or so (if it’s a daytime game) are the hardest batting conditions, ball seems to zip through a bit quicker (same as pre lunch on day 1 of a test). Also I guess you get a proper look at what the pitch is doing while you’re fielding

1 Like

Quite surprised that Plunkett is in ahead of Wood (who is apparently fit) and Curran, but otherwise as expected. Very surprised SA have asked us to bat.

WORLD CUP!

1 Like

Oh and we’ll done Nasser for introducing it as the Men’s World Cup for the first ball

WORLD CUP

3 Likes

Fuck

It’s coming ruddy, bloody home

And we’re off…

Sake

Thoughts are with those who captained Jonny Bairstow in fantasy.

1 Like