Crisp-adjacent snacks

You know, things like Wotsits, Monster Munch, chipsticks, frazzles. Snacks that come in packets like crisps but sure as shit aren’t crisps. I’m a big fan. Sometimes much prefer stuff like this to actual crisps. Personal favourites include:

Ready salted potato sticks
S&V chipsticks
Pickled onion monster munch
M&S snack mix

What’s the verdict on this stuff then?

2 Likes

The undisputed champ:

9 Likes

Sainsbury’s own brand salt and vinegar chipsticks are ridiculously addicitve, can’t have them in the house, would destroy a packet in seconds.

4 Likes

These are all crisps imo

12 Likes

No they’re not, they’re crisp adjacent snacks, it says so in the thread title.

3 Likes

Oh, the spicy marks and spencers combo mix are great too.

Theyre universally better than all crisps

2 Likes

I don’t know how true this is, and we’d need extensive research to prove it either way, but I very much respect this opinion.

Used to like these. Just fat and salt really but wth.

jvpfff2

6 Likes

A lot of them aren’t as good as they used to be. Thing they’ve taken a lot of the harmful really tasty stuff out. Monster Munch are nothing these days compared to what they were twenty years ago.

1 Like

Might get some chilli heatwave doritos

1 Like

These used to be great. Would be blood red and absolutely coated to hell in flavouring. Bland these days.

2 Likes

Not only my favourite crisp-adjacent snack, but my favourite savoury snack ever :

chipsticks

9 Likes

maize snacks are great.

4 Likes

Love em

Flamin’ hot Monster Munches might be the pinnacle of human gastronomy.

Also these:

Tayto actually does a mad range of stuff, visitors from the uk can do some really good snack-tourism when they come to Ireland

What are Walkers Baked? Somewhere in between, I am a fan though.

1 Like

Could easily get through a bag of these in one sitting if left unsupervised

OIP

4 Likes

think Monster Munch and Nik Naks are the only ones worth anything in this category

1 Like

No msg as if thats somehow a good thing?!?!?!

6 Likes

One of the main things I miss about Scotland

3 Likes

i think chipsticks are terrible tbh