A few people have discussed doing something like this over in the activism thread and I said I would get the ball rolling. I think the idea was that we would have a general left book/reading/discussion group with a fairly low level of commitment but the exact format hasn’t been determined.
- I would like to be involved
- I would not like to be involved but feel the need to register my preference in a poll
- Do it on the forum
- Do it on a video call
- Do it on the forum and on a video call
- Do it by PM
- Do it by PM and a video call
- Once a week
- Once a fortnight
- Once every three weeks
- Once a month
- Don’t have a facilitator or discussion leader
- Rotate facilitation
- Elect a facilitator
- One book length text per discussion. We would probably have some suggseted books and polls to decide which ones to read.
- A short list of optional readings per discussion based on a theme e.g. labour movements, crime and justice, queer theory, Marxism, borders. We would probably put together a short programme together.
- Make it up as we go along
Polls will close on Wednesday evening