Crocodile and alligator thread

Crocodiles are more bitey i think

Freshwater crocs won’t fuck you up.

When driving along the Gibb River Road, we stopped off in this cave full of bats and freshwater crocs. The sign outside said that it’s only freshies in there and that as long as you don’t step on them, it’s fine to walk through the water to get to the end of the cave. Was a bit unnerving walking into the water only being able to see from the torchlight in your hand, knowing that it was full of crocodiles and for it to be as deep as your nipples at some points, especially when your safety is based on a sign outside the cave that looks like it’d been there for years, but we had no problems. Was useful that their eyes light up red when you shine the light on them in the water, so it is possible to check in front of you before stepping forward.

1 Like

Was expecting more snappy responses to this, tbh

2 Likes

Found it fascinating hearing about crocs in the Northern Territories in Australia when up there. Having never lived somewhere where there are animals which see you as pray, it seemed weird to me to hear things like not to put your back to the water’s edge as a rule of thumb in case a croc comes for you. Was especially pertinent as a couple of people had been killed by crocs a couple of weeks back in the area we were told this. Though in that instance, it was a couple of tourists who got drunk and decided to go for a late night swim. Can’t fathom the mentality that thought that was a good idea in northern Australia.

1 Like

a bit unnerving?! it’s scaring the fucking shit out of me and i’m only reading about it thousands of miles away in scotland. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A stunning track from the Mark Kozelek of Newcastle.

is there any difference between the two?

or is it just like moths vs butterflies, frogs vs toads.

You can keep your modern crocodiles and alligators - Sarcosuchus was a bad MF

1 Like

Hi, please can you get any remaining crocodile and alligator chat done in the next ten minutes or so as I will be closing the thread shortly

Thank you for the advance notice

@moderators please close this thread

2 Likes