Crossroad moments in history and their impact on our daily lives

They should have made it so you didn’t have a phone number you had phone letters then you could have paid to have a personalised phone word like a personalised numberplate instead.

6 Likes

There would be good bits where like the person who’s phone word was “Necessary” would end up marrying the person who’s phone word was “Neccesary” on accounts of how they got to know each other by virtue of wrong-word calls.

8 Likes

Having to remember the words “Emergency Services Contact Word” would be easier than having to remember whether it was 999, 911 or 112 or whatever

Wouldn’t it just be !!! instead of 999 (or 911 or 912 or whatever)?

Sometimes you might get some funny bits where like a Nan accidentally has a really youthy word as her phone word and she has to give it out like a Nan called “Edith” or whatever giving her phone word out to the insurance company or something and it’s “Skeet”

4 Likes

PUNCTUATION MARKS WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED, TOO CONFUSING

1 Like

When Crossroads was axed it had no impact on my daily life, since I hadn’t been watching it.

3 Likes

Wonder if people who live in a house/flat that starts with a number 6 or a 9 really do live a crazy life like they do in the films with the number constantly going upside down and people going to the wrong address etc

4 Likes

they use “phone words” in the US loads I thnk -

“call 555 GETACAB” or whatever

1 Like

plus use them to remember their personal PIN numbers

1 Like

You know how in films they have to use 555 so they don’t accidentally give out a real phone number? If it was phone words instead they would have to preface it with “This Is A Film or Movie” instead

4 Likes

how about the Movie staring the Karate Kid and Steve Vai?

how ABOUT that movie!

I haven’t seen it seen i was about 13 - quite fancy finding out if it’s actually any good or not

In your alternative world these things’d be massive:
They’d have 26 circles!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s because there are 26 letters

3 Likes

How would you make a phone call to China in phone-letter world?

Chk Chik Chick, then. Or bish bash bosh