Crumpets

Talk to me about crumpets, and your crumpet preferences. Ever made your own? Seems like a hell of a lot of hassle to me.
Any toppings you have other than butter?? For me I simply would not, but in the last few days I’ve seen people have them with marmite & cheese on top (fine… maybe) and nutella and raspberries (not fine but can’t put my finger on why).
How do you like yours done? I used to be a medium rare gal but now I’m more well done. My best friend likes hers burnt, she knows they’re ready when her smoke alarm goes off.
I used to have two crumpets, but now I only have one.

1 Like

Marmite & cheese

Have now read your post :innocent:

1 Like

I have attempted to make my own from sourdough discard but they came out weird.

Must be cold by now?

2 Likes

Hazelnut chocolate spread…but only on square ones.

1 Like

See, that’s why I wouldn’t bother. You never hear of anyone’s homemade crumpets coming out better than shop bought, do you??

:scream: can understand the reasoning behind this but wow!

2 Likes

don’t really understand the appeal
the way i see it, I love bagels and crumpets are the opposite of bagels in every way, and therefore bad

1 Like

Pizza crumpets are one of mankind’s greatest inventions.

1 Like

I love crumpets and bagels equally. Different carbs for different needs, IMO.
For example, you can have a bagel as a sandwich but musn’t do that with crumps.

Not arsed.

Sourdough discard crumpets are alright though.

They are to bagels what these are to polos

Jesus I cannot think today

2 Likes

An old housemate used to do cheesy beans on toast, but instead of toast it was four (4) crumpets. How do you feel about that?

1 Like

Never a truer word spoken, Chegg my love.

@weeber that sounds great tbf! Might give that a go on one of my remaining 5 crumps.

1 Like

They must be cooked under the grill. Cook the flat end first to get it nice and crisp, then cool the holey side until it’s hot and firm but not scorched.

2 Likes

Good morning Kermo. This morning I had two crumpets, buttered with Marmite. This is a change to my usual approach of two crumpets, buttered with Bovril.

My toaster is set to 7 (seven) when I toast my crumpets, this is a contrast to it being set at 3.5/4 (three point five or four) when having toast.

1 Like

Honey’s acceptable. But you can never beat butter. One of those foods that needs to be perfectly toasted - the balance between crispiness and the soft centre is essential. Under toasted is never okay.

3 Likes

Do it with all 5. You won’t regret it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Out of?