Crumpets

coulda sworn this was gonna bee a @Gnometorious thread.

never made my own. only EVER have butter. the sanctity of the cumrpet is SACRED. two always. pretty well done.

1 Like

I believe that 9 (nine) is the final visible number upon the dial

I can see it working, because the crumpets would absorb the bean juice better than your standard sliced loaf. Would make for a very juicy crump. But four dense crumps with beans is far too much for me, I’m afraid.
I had beans on cheese on toast once, thinking I was a wild and sexy maverick, but the melted cheese rendered the bread impermeable and ergo was a disaster. Would not recommend.

Truly not what I expected the answer to be

1 Like

don’t ever mention the words crumpet and bean juice in the same sentence ever again

3 Likes

Really lovely and thorough answer, this. Thanks, Tone. Enjoyed it so much I’ll probably read it again later!

1 Like

Thank you, God bless x

1 Like

He also used to put things in the oven for EXACTLY the time and temperature stated and refused to compensate for the fact that it was a shit oven and ran a bit cold, and would just eat his food a bit cold or undercooked.

That’s really cool IMO

1 Like

you made the sacrifice so that we would never have to.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, he doesn’t sound like my kinda guy. Or yours, for that matter.

He used to eat tinned haggis. The wrapper was tartan. It smelled like dog food.

2 Likes

Hot buttered crumpets are one of the peaks of civilisation. Cheese on top if I want savoury; jam/marmalade if I’m having them for breakfast. If toppings (other than spread/butter) are involved, always have one plain as a palate cleanser. This was a longer reply than I was expecting, tbh.
EDIT: when I say plain, I mean buttered.

1 Like

disturbing amount of people here having cheese on their crumpets. some people here seriously need to self reflect

3 Likes

Good God. Why would you do that to yourself? Do you not enjoy having saliva in your mouth??

Yep. This thread has legs, much to be discussed. Might get some polls cooking.

When I say plain I mean just with butter. I’m not a monster.

1 Like

Oh thank God. Apologies for doubting you x

1 Like

If I was absolutely forced to give an example of a horrible, dated, misogynistic piece of phrasing that I was guiltily fond of without ever using it of course I might say “a bit of crumpet”

Sorry about that

3 Likes

English crumpets are bland as fuck. Scottish crumpets or gtfo.

Probably wouldn’t let someone who has jam on crumpets in my house really.

4 Likes