Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 9 Thread

“my name is Chappie Johnson and I can’t open this damn pickle jar”

12 Likes

Much preferred this ep. Funkhouser is just fantastic and Leons been great (hating on the nephew)

My main worry is Larry, he seems to just be unlikeable now.

4 Likes

think i’m bowing out of this season guys

the open pickle jar already in the fridge was brilliant

4 Likes

lol wut. its getting better!

Absolutely loved Larry’s courtroom speeches

5 Likes

I think the restaurant manager is one of the best bit part characters that’s been on this show

‘I’ve ticked all the boxes’

2 Likes

Yeah, he was good. That was Rich Fulcher wasn’t it?

Overall, thought this week was a bit of a dud.

You can’t ”Yoo-Hoo a judge” being the highlight

Don’t think Elizabeth Banks really worked which is a shame

1 Like

Yeah, her “performance” stuff was very broad. The season so far has had that same broad/silly late-era Seinfeld feel that the last one did. I still love it massively whilst accepting that I prefer the seasons that were more grounded in reality (same as with the last two Seinfeld seasons innit)

1 Like

A problem is that the earlier ones had a more natural feel too whereas now it just seems like a sitcom.

The fatwa idea is stupid too

FATWA!!!

Aye, I agree that it seems more sitcommy but I approach it with my expectations adjusted accordingly for it and it works massively on that level still IMO.

The fatwa idea is funny to me on a single episode basis, I’ve got my reservations about it as the overall season arc but time will tell with it innit.

1 Like

Yeah agree with this, needs a bit more of when Larry is just talking with Jeff/Marty/Richard/Leon.

Weakest one of the season so far for me. Thought Salman Rushdie was good though. Reminded me of Patrick Stewart’s appearance in Extras.

If my mate wanted to watch the new one, where could he?

Hes found it

he also is finding it too contrived and not really that good

jb smoove is writing a book as leon though which may be great

2 Likes

really? I think its one of the worst scenes Curb have ever done. just seems like such a bad parody of itself

it’s really disappointing

Best one of the season so far tonight imo.

2 Likes