Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 9 Thread

think they’re quite a bit different now. the earlier ones were a bit more awkward and natural whereas the later ones are a bit slapstick and contrived. the big change for me was when leon came in, who was almost too much of a sitcom cliche

think it’s been consistently good throughout though, and leon is one of the funniest characters in the show. if you just take it for what it’s supposed to be and don’t over analyse everything it’s a prettay funny program

given up on this series, it’s a shame

time to put it to bed Larry

2 Likes

“Premature Honey” :joy:

One of the best of series for me Clive

2 Likes

Aye, enjoyed it. Very lightweight episode but I love those occasional ones where Larry ends up being relatively on-top in his confrontations.

Absolutely in love with how comfortable he is pissing Suzie off these days, just a fully accepted part of both of their lives.

Susie still kills me.

Classic episode this one was.

6 Likes

Yeah, always great when Larry has a couple of victories

For most of the episode I was racking my brain as to what film I’d seen Marty’s girlfriend in before. Actress from Big wasn’t it

It was Weeds I recognised her from but it took me ages to twig

I was literally so happy with the people on the plane because they’re both in Lady Dynamite. I love June Diane Raphael SO MUCH. Did anyone watch Burning Love? It’s on Netflix and she’s so amazing in it.

Definitely thought it was Sarah Chalke when she first sat down on the plane.

1 Like

She does look like her!

Also it’s just clicked that Richard Lewis’ girlfriend is President Laura Montez in Veep :smiley:

I’m loving all the cameos tbh.

The point of fame at which cameos step up to “playing themselves” roles is always interesting to me in Curb.

1 Like

the funk man sitting at the dinner table with a jacket on and introducing his ‘girlfriend’ :joy:

The Funkmans hair: mid 30’s
The Funkmans face: reanimated corpse

Was the doctor Stan Sitwell from AD?

Yeah - Ed Begley Jr

1 Like

Funkman was brilliant in this episode

First with the pretend sipping at dinner - then the final blow up at the golf club dinner

2 Likes

Larry taking his trousers off was the biggest laugh I’ve had this season. Great episode.

1 Like

yeah , laughed loads of times at this one. Funkhouser with his jacket on at the table really tickled me for some reason - plus Larry vs Susie stuff was gold

Good episode. Funkman’s voice kills me.

Nice to see Krazee-Eyez Killa making a brief return

4 Likes