Current customer service irks

Halifax/Bank of Scotland can do one.

• Looked at me like I’d spat in their face when I went into a branch and asked to set up a joint account, then huffed and puffed through setting an appointment to do it (which I then didn’t go to because another bank did it for me in minutes and gave me a bunch of free perks)
  • Were spectacularly unhelpful with mortgage stuff on the phone and kept telling me to do things online instead of speaking to an advisor
  • Tried to get me to go to Huntingdon or some other hellhole for a face to face advice thing
  • Eventually booked me an appointment with the wrong person
  • The thing that prompted this thread: the text to cancel this appointment cost actual money

I’m telling myself that I’m going to move my accounts away from them when I’ve got the time but obviously I’m far too lazy to actually do it so I’m moaning here about them instead.

What petty grudges against faceless corporations are you currently holding, then?

Would love to participate in this thread, but just thinking about past experiences of these things makes my blood boil.

1 Like

1 Like

Peterborough?

What’s the difference?

About 20 years.

1 Like

Peterborough has a decent motorway services

1 Like

HBOS as well. They have machines in which to deposit cheques/cash, but you can only access them when the branch is open and it takes longer than a face-to-face. My buddies didn’t die face down in the muck for this pointless waste of time and jobs…

I’ll only ever end up there if I’m fully touching cloth.

So quite likely.

What is a cheque?

hate this advert. telling dorothy she’s too young for a mortgage, when in a previous advert they gave a mortgage to top cat, a cat who lives in a bin

7 Likes

No chain and a reduction in stamp duty, tbf

1 Like

Virgin Media

always Virgin Media

1 Like

Huntingdon is also the location for the next Fenino.

That is a shit advert.

Their new abomination might be even worse:

Yes.

Nah

3 Likes

is this from that film cube?

used to work for them in one of their call centres. can confirm that my customer service was often appalling.

3 Likes

actually tbf i was usually v good but had a short temper when people were being dicks. eventually got into trouble for fobbing people off who were trying to complain about pointless shit, cos i hated the complaints procedure.