Current earworms

I can’t be the only person with a chronic case of the earworms: more mornings than not I wake up with a song in my head that takes some effort to drive out.

Today’s pick from the recesses of my subconscious is Perfect 10 by the Beautiful South - specifically, the chorus (which is the only bit I know) on a loop.

Anyway, tell us about what song you’ve got stuck in your head at the moment.

Note: This thread must not - repeat, must not - degenerate into sharing songs that people think “might be a bit of an earworm”.

2 Likes

I seem to always get I Was Dancing In A Lesbian Bar stuck in my head, just constantly that refrain and the “ah-ooh, ah-ooh” bit. And also Rent by Pet Shop Boys, which in another thread I described as one of my least favourite songs ever because of how much that one line from the song gets stuck in my head. Both reasonably good songs utterly ruined by my brain.

My dad spin-off - he’s constantly humming Stop The Cavalry, all-year round with no uptick in December for as long as I can remember.

8 Likes

Angels by Robbie Williams
Things That Make You Go Hmmm by C&C Music Factory

Both as a result of DiS Social thread titles :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Specifically this version and it’s doing my head in

8 Likes

I did consider titling this thread “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head”, but decided that would just make it cursedly self-fulfilling.

1 Like

Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall

2 Likes

Do do do-do dooooo
Do-do do do-do dooooo
Do-do do do-do dooooo
Do-do do do-do dooooo

2 Likes

I was watching some post-punk videos on yt yesterday and the algoritm took me through some Squeeze songs (side note: Jarvis/Pulp was definitely massively influenced by the lyric writing on Up the Junction) and there’s a little melody bit in the verse of Tempted that matches exactly to a bit of the melody & even some of the lyrics of Suzanne Vega’s Tom’s Diner

So, since then I have an earworm loop medley of Tempted & Tom’s Diner

I wonder even if the latter was directly influenced by the former. The use of ’reflection’ suggests perhaps. But maybe a coincidence

3 Likes

Idk anything about the game but i like the band and it’s been stuck in my head a lot lately. Really like it so it’s a good earworm to have

1 Like

Blood on the dancefloor hasn’t left my head since i watched saltburn last bloody week. its an ear snake the fucker

2 Likes

The lewd version of the Fraggle Rock theme tune that did the rounds in Primary School. Also infected my wife with the tune this morning as she was humming it presumably after hearing me doing the same.

1 Like

Terrific song. Difford & Tilbrook had numerous moments of genius

3 Likes

I was borrrrn for lovin’ youuuu

2 Likes

Hugo FM stuff that beguiles my 3yr old.

1 Like

Trouble Me by 10,000 Maniacs. Been a couple of days now. Not posting it here since I’m thoroughly sick of it.

2 Likes

Been working my way through the latest Chart Music episode which has some bangers from '93.

So typically I have No limit by 2 unlimited rattling around my head.

2 Likes

I get the first line of Hey, Jack Kerouac in my head whenever the K man is mentioned.

2 Likes

I had that one going for a bit recently too. In between Trouble Me. “In Chinatown, howling at night”. GO AWAY NATALIE. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

3 Likes

Well, the good news is that I’ve successfully exorcised The Beautiful South.

The bad news is that it’s been supplanted by Working As A Waitress In A Cocktail Bar.

3 Likes

Keep thinking of Tony

3 Likes