Curtains, Blinds etc EXTRAVAGANZA.

Mine said they had some kind of noise reduction element to them but think it’s BS tbh

1 Like

i’m seeing online that there’s ones who make noise cancelling the main feature. would love to try before i buy

2 Likes

Blinds = blinds2go. You can get little free samples in the post!
Or I have privacy blinds from IKEA and then a curtain.

Curtains from dunelm. Always blackout IMO.

One good thing that dunelm do is a blackout “lining” so you buy pretty thin curtains from wherever and then get a dunelm liner and hang it off the back of the existing ones. Genius tbh, but I haven’t tried them. I’m buying them for my spare room nice curtains that are thin as fuck (they’re from Next)

1 Like

i’m bad at curtains
at my old place the curtains were stained and had holes in and my mum kept telling me to get new ones and i was like no the landlord should obv do it so i just lived with disgusting curtains for years

4 Likes

I’d also like you to try them before I buy proper ones :joy:

1 Like

Yes!! I ordered lots and lots of samples from blinds2go last night :blush: exciting.

I’m exactly the same with the blinds we’ve had up in the flat for years now :laughing: i feel I need to make up for it now.

:thinking:
might try blinds2go.

1 Like

My main advice for curtains is to make sure there are two in a pack and that they are not sold individually as apparently that’s a thing.

2 Likes

Good advice I’ve definitely noticed that you need to specify this!!

1 Like

I got nice ones from blocblinds as they do easy fit that don’t need screwing in (but are still secure).

1 Like

Here we are

Bedroom, charity excellent find s window is very wide so hard to get ones to fit

Hall, made from scrapstore fabric…bargain!

Dining room. Leekes ( a local department store)

Dining room, John Lewis sale

Front room Laura Ashley from eBay.

4 Likes

Ooh wow thank you for sharing slicks :slight_smile: these are all brilliant! I really love the scrapstore fabric ones, they remind me of a lovely quilt.

1 Like

We have blinds in this fabric absolutely love them

4 Likes

We went with a local shop that lets you order your own fabric and then they make them up for you.

Avoid Hillary’s- we asked them for a quote for conservatory blinds and it was over £2,000! The independent shop said they could do it for £300.

1 Like

Oh wow! That’s disappointing regarding Hillary’s :grimacing: I had a feeling when I realised you had to make an appointment though. Wish I hadn’t got those samples now :grimacing:

That patterns lovely btw :blush:

1 Like

Also a vote here for blinds2go - we use them all the time at work. At least once a month, really good quality, never failed us yet.

1 Like

Put off getting curtains here for ages because it’s such a faff. I want what my parent’s house has, a pole, then the curtains have big loops at the top and you just slide them on. Here, there’s a plastic rail and you clip on plastic hooks and thread them through a strip on the curtain and they fall out and it’s a ball ache.

Presumably going to have to curtain a whole house in the coming months, absolutely dreading it.

2 Likes

We have Blinds2Go blinds as well. Easy to install, and no issues with any of them.

I think our white wooden venetian blinds were about £50-60 each, the roller blinds for the bathroom were about £40 each, and the day/night blind to the back door was about £80.

Really owe my life to Blinds2go. Without them, it would’ve been curtains for me