Cut off date for saying Happy New Year

Traditionally the tree is supposed to come down on Jan 6th (which happens to be my birthday)

Few years back I kept my tree up till the end of February out of sheer laziness. Didn’t bother to put one up after that.

It would be new years day, but it always seems too much like hard work after nye

Who’s tradition mate? Yours? Haha

Quite like taking the tree down. It’s like a palette cleanser for the house, a bowl of jelly at a Chinese buffet, if you will.

2 Likes

The Spanish I think

Oh ok, i see

as a starter

2 Likes

do you think that growing up with having people taking down decorations when it’s your birthday has had a significant effect on shaping your character?

This is an interesting question. Thanks Japes.

I think growing up with an extremely shit date for a birthday which also happens to be the day before my father’s birthday has led to me not really liking birthdays that much. I am opposed to any aspect of myself being “celebrated” or having a fuss made of me but I’m unsure as to whether the timing of my birthday is a motivating factor in this or whether or not this is an inherent sensibility that would make me not enjoy my birthday regardless of it’s timing.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Any time x

I think it’s traditional for someone on DiS to do a poll on this that doesn’t explicitly contain the correct answer every year.

2 Likes

Anyone saying HNY at work to me after yesterday wasn’t in work yesterday by definition, in which case I despise them and already wish them a very unpleasant new year.

My ex’s birthday was 6 January. Also, she was one of nine (9) and a number of her family, including her parents, literally forgot her birthday one year. Not great.

Also, my wife’s birthday is 5 January. Which if you’re in to stars and all that shit is probably quite interesting.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this but I thank you for saying it anyway x

2 Likes

Every girlfriend I have had has been born in June.

Someone cancel the balloons please

Celebrity Birthdays January 5

Famous People Born On January 5th

•Bradley Cooper, 43.
•Deepika Padukone, 32.
•Marilyn Manson, 49. (Musician, Songwriter, Actor)
•Diane Keaton, 72.
•Suki Waterhouse, 26. (Actress, Model and Entrepreneur)
•Shah Jahan, 74. (Mughal Emperor)
•Robert Duvall, 87. (Actor, Director)
•Hayao Miyazaki, 77. (Film director)

Which one are you married to?

1 Like

Woah!

1 Like