Cutlery hands

• Fork left, knife right
  • Fork right, knife left

0 voters

Thought this was like a budget Edward Scissorhands thing

7 Likes

Unless it’s just a fork, then I hold it in the right hand, and eat Sopranos-style

6 Likes

Chopsticks right, bowl left

Absolutely cannot get these. Just never been able to pick up more than a few grains of rice that stick to the ends or a massive great big bao that I can’t fit into my mouth.

1 Like

I do this a lot, cut a few pieces then put the knife down and move the fork to my right hand. My boyfriend had never noticed until a few months ago and when he did, he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Not that weird surely?

5 Likes

Hands…
Cutlery hands…
Forking right…
Knifing left…
Knifing right…
Sweet Caroline…

1 Like

Probably only use a knife whilst eating about twice a week

3 Likes

Mrs F does this a bit too. Obviously on the scale of a twenty year relationship and a three year marriage it’s very small fry but I have to admit to sometimes having my nose put slightly out of joint when I spend hours cooking her a delicious tea and the first thing she does is chop the whole lot up into little bits before starting the shovelling :smiley:

I think if it required cutting on the plate, then I wouldn’t swap the fork over.

That’s the beauty of them. Always used to get annoyed I’d shovel all my food into my mouth and be done way before Her Indoors and be angery that she still had food and I didn’t. Since embracing chopsticks I’m slowed way down.

Chopsticks right, ramen spoon left.

I feel like there is a nice medium between shovelling food into your mouth and eating your rice-based dish one grain at a time.

I only do a few bits at a time, not the whole meal, because I’m a slow eater and cutting it up makes it go cold faster. So no shovelling here. Probably took so long for my boyfriend to notice because he’s normally inhaled half of his before I’ve even sat down

1 Like

If you can use chopsticks properly you achieve that happy medium

1 Like

If I’m being totally honest it’s one of those batshit things partners do that’s kind of endearing and provokes a little twinge of affection alongside the indignation.

1 Like

Generally when you’re eating the following and you bring food to your mouth…

A piece of firm vegetable
  • Fork tines pointing up
  • Fork tines pointing down

0 voters

Spaghetti
  • Fork tines pointing up

0 voters

Chili and rice
  • Fork tines pointing up

0 voters

Peas
  • Fork tines pointing up

0 voters

can confirm i often do this

it’s sensible

1 Like

Why was Paul Gascoigne unable to see the food on the end of his fork?

There was fog on the tines.

2 Likes

My god man

2 Likes