Cycling Thread 2.0

I can imagine asking people that sell bike helmets if you should buy another bike helmet will result in a completely impartial opinion

catch 22 - how many trained bicycle helmet inspectors do you reckon there are in the world who aren’t also in the business of bicycle helmet flogging?

1 Like

4?

(Post must contain 3 characters)

@BannedAct

Correct!

Ah, very helpful, thank you! It’s a Catlike rather than a Giro, but at least it seems that in principle the kind of service i’m after does exist - will investigate further.

Just checking in guys. Ha ha ^ you’ve got this guy now!!! :joy:

Thread still shit.

3 Likes

hey everyone

Did the Man Of Kent 200k audax yesteday

Was good - got round in less than 8 hours riding time, less than 10 hours including stops to eat scampi fries and peperamis on garage forecourts

Spent a lot of the ride battling headwinds

Doing the Shark 200k in a couple of weeks

2 Likes

did you see any Penge folk?

someone rode all the way there and back from Penge. over 300km yesterday. mental.

(i’ll do that next year)

(i have also decided against the shark given my recent hill problems)

I rode for a bit with a Penge guy at the start - he had ridden there but I think he said he was getting a train back. He left my group behind on a climb, never to be seen again.

He did mention someone else riding to Penge and Back - but I didn’t see any other Penge jerseys

Typical Penge.

30% off Rapha base layers atm, with an extra 20% off if you use the code MSR20

audax = bike ride for anyone wondering.

unsupported

normally with some kind of info control

dead good in my experience

also you can collect badges

and you get a stampy (“brevet”) card

And you get to eat cake and drink tea in village halls etc. Yesterday I got a bacon roll in the garden of a Vicarage

1 Like

thinking of doing the Fairies Flattest Possible 300

:fearful:

looks good - after the Shark I’m not signed up for any more bike stuff this year, I need to investigate some more

nope, still a bike ride.

i’ll chalk this one down to miscommunication on my part, but one more reference like this and you’re OUT of the Peckham Pelerton.

I was agreeing with you but just saying they’re a bit different from yer normal Blah Blah Blah Sportive

you have been banned from the Peckham Pelerton.

Please return your official Vimto club gear as soon as possible.

Best of luck for your future bike rides.

2 Likes