Cycling Thread 2.0

get out of here.

doesn’t work like that though, does it? I don’t drive around here, so my knowledge of “the roads” and my general sense of direction isn’t great. plus, there are specific roads everywhere which are really decent for cycling and I’d always choose the go down them rather than to just blindly cycle

but each to their own

my Garmin has allowed me to have a nice time cycling, when I relied on my phone for navigation I didn’t enjoy it

I guess it’s a London thing (or at least a not peak district thing). Can take any of 5 main roads out from Sheffield to the peaks then just go wherever and there’s good stuff, then just every time I stop I’ll have a look at my phone to see where I am and vaguely how far/which way to get home

I don’t need it as much now – cycling with groups who know the roads help, but there are so many massive horrible roads, and routes which lead onto dual carriageways etc. I don’t want to go on them. Imagine the horror of accidentally finding yourself on the M25. It has also been a massive help when going away, just load maps and routes you’ve made and boom: done.

If I lived in the middle of the countryside there’d be almost no need for it but it’s very handy for seeing speed and distance immediately too. I love mine (though it has its quirks).

don’t tempt me (wouldn’t it go well with the jersey I bought at the weekend!!! honestly I couldn’t have spend hundreds in there, was probably good I couldn’t carry anything else)

I think it’s fucked. Even with the supposed discount - their t-shirts were showing as 40 odd quid!

I’ve pinged the site admin to sort it out.

Pretty easy to put a decimal point in the wrong place when you’re coding I suppose. Imagine if someone accidentally actually went and paid £80 for a cycling shirt though! they’d never live it down

3 Likes

guys you’re in the wrong thread aren’t you

FTFY

we haven’t all got hundreds of quid to spend on “Ralphy” tops and what not.

jeans and a t-shirt are fine.

guy in the red has it spot on, IMO.

1 Like

I love this photo of us so so much.

2 Likes

Bet he was faster than the rest of them too, wasn’t weighed down by a £250 computer

2 Likes

Proper cyclist.

Why are all the rest of them wearing swimming trunks? I don’t understand.

And what’s with their shoes?

cover for swingers.

The two on the left are touching toes.

Definitely a secret code.

:point_right::ok_hand:

2 Likes

are they all DiSers? I cant Id the two guys on the right, or Yellow man in the middle.

the three on the left look ridiculously cheeky.

Apart from mr pn (he’s wearing the Chapeau! jersey), yes, all DiSers.

twentynine, mr pn, japes, thewarnio, me, nebbie, rich-t, cg, tim

1 Like

Apart from Tim and @plasticmike he was quicker than us up box hill

1 Like

on a bmx too!