Cycling Thread 2.0

Close enough

34 mile commute this morning. Fucking beautiful out. Felt great, just unfit

2 Likes

Yep – lovely morning.

Really really need to clean my commuter. The dirt makes me slow.

it’s snowing here

GUYS

Tell me about cycling in Belgium / the Netherlands (Luxembourg?)

We have two weeks in May when mr pn and I are going to do a lil tour starting from Calais on 13th or 14th of May. We’re thinking we’ll initially cycle down to Roubaix (apparently northern France is shite for cycling?) and then into Belgium and probably spend most of our time in Ardenne? Is Luxemboug nice? Apparently there’s shitloads of castles? We need to be in Antwerp on May 26th and then after that we’ll make our way back to the UK somehow, either back to Calais or the Hook of Holland or get a train.

Any suggestions of places to visit (breweries? cycling spots?), nice routes, anything. I don’t really want to go to cities, and I’ve been to Amsterdam, Bruges and Brussels before so I was thinking more countryside, and I am thinking of maybe staying in Belgium rather than going into the Netherlands as well.

Probably @anon50098204 has some tips I reckon.

Cycling through hailstones last night. Fucking knacked.

looking forward to a night ride tonight - plus pre birthday beers (it’s my bday tomorrow)

fitted a spanky new chain to my MTB this morning

What the fuck are you doing in this thread?

naively looking for some friendly chat.

Should have said “Cycling through hailstones last night. And my 200 quid bidons got wet. Audax.” or something.

I think they call them ‘le hailstones’ in here

1 Like

Northern France - avoid Roubaix, unless cycling through. It’s a fucking shit hol. If I can find them on strava, my dad did Portsmouth-Brussels via calais and Oudenaard. I’d recommend staying around there and hitting some of Flemish bergs. Then either Cassel or Namur for a bit of transition riding and pretty towns. The ardennes can be bleak and very tough riding. Massive long hills, dark roads.

I’d personally head towards gent and the East flanders hills for more famous bergs and into Holland from there. Limberg is the hilly area of Holland, famous for amstel gold race.

The world is your oyster.

1 Like

I ate a clif bar yesterday. It was good 8/10.

Fao @zxcvbnm

what flavour??

the peanut butter ones are exceptional imho

Meh/10

Choc chip

Have got a almond fudge one for next time

Want the coconut one

welcome to the bianchi club

needs more celeste mind :wink:

1 Like

Grazie.

Whats your bike again?

white chocolate & macadamia ftw

damn, not read this thread for a bit & see you were in Bristol this weekend
hope you had fun!
& yes, there are one or two hills around these parts…

saying that I’ve only gone out for the second time this year today. worst commute time ever as well, took me over an hour.

main two
road - via nirone 7 (campag)
mtb - kuma

both in celeste