Cycling Thread 2.0

Didn’t expect much from the State x Simpsons collab but this is pretty awesome

2 Likes

Well maybe I’ll just read it myself then!

Though I think I would restrain myself just to, say, California haha

Voted.

(assuming train / hotel prices aren’t astronomical for those dates obv)

I’ve voted a couple of dates - but I’m really not sure. When you pick a date I will see if I can move things around to come along

1 Like

re: the randoneeeeee

does anyone know where i can ditch a car on the mainland that’s sort of near a ferry terminal for the weekend? all the ferry terminal car parks are really expensive

what ferry are you getting?

the one that goes to the isle of wight

1 Like

(dunno. portsmouth i guess?)

:expressionless:

there are three you could potentially take a bike on – Lymington to Yarmouth, Southampton to East Cowes or Portsmouth to Fishbourne.

maybe I’ll get the southampton one then. i seem to remember they all took about the same length of time / cost the same

when you say “peaks” do you mean the “peak district”?

where are you staying on the Isle? I’m guessing bring a car over was £££££££££££££££££££££?

though I know all those places I very much doubt there is free on-street parking anywhere near any of the ferry terminals :frowning: (will ask my parents, they might know)

could try that park on my drive website?

Fucking hell guys. THIS is why I hate you all.

Yes.

Or ‘le district de peak’ to use its preferred cycling name

I’d be up for it if it was on a good date and you promised not to be the awful awful people you clearly all are.

I’ve not even got special cycling shoes

I’m sorry but I will definitely be awful.

2 Likes

the cost of parking was about the same as taking the car on the ferry (haven’t checked since last year but remember it was £100+)

fucking hell

(my mother is “asking around”)

1 Like

OK - well I’ll be up for it but I’ll embarrass everyone by calling bidons, bottles and wearing the wrong socks and stuff like that.

2 Likes