Cycling Thread 2.0

My house then ride with me from Winchester to Southampton.

If Portsmouth, there’s lots of free parking north of Albert road in Southsea and its probably a mile tops to the terminal

1 Like

Watch this documentary on Raleigh Cycles using BBC iPlayer. Not only does it chart the company but also cycling, from your humble roadsters, to tourers, to racers, to BMXs and finally to mountain bikes.

1 Like

This was dead good. Really enjoyed it a lot

one of my cycling ATDs features in that (very briefly, and a non-speaking appearance). He was in the Raleigh MTB team back in the day

1 Like

Had some drama in my club ride yesterday:

someone’s tyre exploded (a Conti 4 Seasons as well!!)
couple of punctures
someone had a phone mounted on their handlebars and as we cycled along a particularly potholed-road it bounced off, dude stopped to go back and get it but spectacularly forgot to unclip and fell off :anguished:

Still, my stem cap arrived

is that bike really called ultra af

?

:muscle:

Yeah.

B’Twin Ultra 700 As Fuck.

The only reason I bought it tbf.

I spent a lot of the documentary trying to figure out how that guy’s hair was moulded and shaped.

yes, that was quite the commitment to a hairstyle his hair could no longer really support

where’s @anon67149139

was wondering that meself

:wave:

1 Like

Been quiet recently

Yeah, whoops, hadn’t DiS’d since the end of January. Dropped by to wish EmO a happy birthday then saw the Japes notification coincidentally about an hour earlier. Must have been a sign! Hope you’re all well. x

All good thanks You? Not too much riding atm I see (much like myself)

Think I’m gonna buy one of those Wahoo Element Bolt things.

Wiggle / Wahoo / Sigma Sport are all out of stock at the moment. Anyone know anywhere else which is selling it?

i’m looking for one myself

(haven’t found any in stock)

1 Like

:anguished:

We’re gonna be well aero with them aren’t we.

see you’ve punted your trban. over 9,000km was pretty good going.

Yep.

I sold it to a girl who got a Ride London place and doesn’t have a bike, so obvs I did the whole “oh my god, I did Ride London on this last year!” and she lapped it up. Her boyfriend was a Proper Bike Person and checked the BB, wheels and everything and was surprised that they were fine, hah.

I really hope I don’t regret selling it.