Cycling Thread 2.0

I think I did too, but I couldn’t remember.

1 Like

Touche!

Probably 7 months ago though

Closer to eight.

2 Likes

I dunno what everyone else does to their garmins,

Admittedly longest I’ve left mine running would’ve been about 8 hours, but I have all sensors and routes running pretty much all the time. (even if I know where I’m going I like to have the route because I use the screen that shows the upcoming gradient).

I’ve never gone below 35% charge. Reckon I’d get 10-12 hours out of it easily and probs more with routes off (not that I’ll ever need more)

Does everyone else have it on super bright or something? (Mine is edge 520).

Never had any problems with my edge 520 on a long day on shit bike. Use hrm and live segments, but I don’t use maps (roads have signs) or cadence (I can tell, I am pedalling). Polar on race machine so never an issue there either. 60% brightness

when i had mine, it would barely last about 8 hours if i had the map screen on constantly. brightness off, bluetooth and all that off and i never used a hrm, just speed and cadence sensor… it should have lasted longer than that but if we were planning a long ride i was always a bit nervous of it dying.

who the hell has time to read signs

Given the average audax old boy’s average speed, i’d imagine all of them :wink: @safetywink

2 Likes

Corr we should go super bike nerds and list what data screens we have showing. That’d really annoy sexybum.

YES

METRIC, obv

screen one:

current speed
total distance
average speed
current hr (%)
total ride time
current rpm
average rpm (need to get rid of this)
battery left %
time of day

next screen is hr screen with:

average bpm
time in particular zones (can’t remember which)
probably some percentages, dunno

then elevation, including metres ascended and descended, current grade, profile of upcoming terrain

then maps screen

then strava segments

:muscle:

1 Like

i tried to set my HR up to show as a % after i saw yours was set up like that but I couldn’t figure out how to do it. it’s either shown as bpm or as zone.

hmm, i’ll check when i get in and send you a screenshot if u like but it’s deffo deffo an option

Ran my Garmin on a 300km ride and still had 9% at the end. God knows what these Wahoo twats were doing with their Garmin’s before they changed. Probably running them on 100% brightness, on full mapping capabilities and fuck knows what else.

screen one:

current speed
total dist / ave speed
cad / HR
current time / current direction

screen two (climbing)
current speed
gradient / metres climbed
cad / HR
something here i can’t remember / total ascent
terrain profile

i know it must be since you’ve got it on but i couldn’t see it. will have another look later if i cba

Breadcrumb route
KMs remaining

Perfect riding weather for the bike wankers on tour

3 Likes

ok bike geeks, mission for you

I’m looking for a frameset to build up a winter/commuting/possibly more bike.

requirements:
disc brake mounts
fit wide tyres ~35-40c
probably mudguard mounts/compatible
budget £400 absolute MAX including fork, preferably half that.

planning to build it up with sram apex 1 gruppo and various other bits.

want it to be more cx than mtb, so drop handlebars and not 20kg. if there is a super duper hardtail sort of thing that might fit the bill then do let me know though.

However the caveat is it can’t be too nice because i’m planning on moving to the big city lights and will hopefully use it for pubbing and work so cannot be too attrative to thieves (but i know it will end up costing far more than i want to spend so yes will take out some sort of insurance…)

so far looking at cotic escapade and a planet x cx thing but what else is there

?

Do you wanna buy my old Cannondale CAADX cx frame?

oooh maybe but are you 8ft tall ??