Cycling Thread 2.0

bikewankers
twats

he’s 15, of course he can

:sob:

Insane. My fastest 10 mile TT is over 30 minutes lolllll

27.09 for me. Fucking 15 and he’s hitting 21 minute 10s

what should i ride at the weekend?

I know what you’ll all say but it’s a mission to get to from here (3+ hr drive) so i probs won’t do it and this referendum is not legally binding. i do wanna do it though[poll type=regular public=true]

• Alpe d’Huez
  • Col d’Iseran
  • Mont Ventoux
  • Lac Leman (lake geneva circuit)
  • Col de Joux Plane & tdf '16 mountain tt route
  • something fucking flat
    [/poll]

Col d’Iseran is meant to be mental. Obvs Ventoux and Huez are great, but I’ve always wanted to give the Iseran a go over the others

don’t want to influence the voting but iseran is a good shout because it involves no driving and there are loads of pubs on the way back down
:relieved:

it’s a pretty much solid 40km climb from here :confused:

Haven’t got a link for the also ran of the options

Could try this

:slight_smile: from the looks of the map I’m doing most of that in the etape next month :sob:

hold on…32000 ft wtaf is he an astronaut ?

6 or 7 major mountain passes

don’t think i’ve even seen anything more than about 4500m in one ride (so 15000ft ish)

think my biggest day this year was 2000m (plus a bit) and i was flat on my back after that

Don’t talk to me about climbing, used to love it. Now not so much

so very looking forward to next weekend

I’ve never tried Winnatt’s pass and we’ll be in the area. worth a go?
https://www.strava.com/segments/2441513

Drove up there a couple of weeks ago. The road is barely wide enough for 2 cars, so a plodding cyclist will be holding up traffic to a fair extent. It is brutal by the looks of it. There’s a right hand turn about half way up and then it really kicks up.

We can try it, hit I might hate you forever

is it quite a busy road? most of the hard climbs are really quiet so there’s plenty of zig-zagging room, not up for 25% in traffic

Yeah properly busy both ways. It’s literally a stone’s throw from Castleton and that’s a really busy place too. There’s a large car park at the bottom and the traffic coming from the top down seems very consistent. I was very surprised about the traffic tbh