Cycling Thread 2.0

You can go to places other than halfords though. But yeah I can’t do cycle to work til September so I’ll wait til then before asking for <£1000 recommendations

Will also need to persuade my nicer half that 2 bikes in the flat is a very good thing

true

best sub <1k carbon bikes would probs be the dolan l’etape and the planet x pro carbon which wouldn’t be available to you :frowning:

i mean you’ve got lots of riding time between now and then to maybe work out exactly what kind of thing you’d like, and what you don’t like about the triban

Upgrade components, I mean.

My Ribble was just shy of a grand iirc and that’s full 105. I’ve even seen them do Ultegra at that sort of price point on some frames. Not sure on their cycle to work stance, though.

ah yeah forgot about ribble, lovely bikes

they do cyclescheme which is different to the halfords one (which is cycle2work or something)

edit:

THEY HAVE IT REALLY CHEAP IN MY SIZE

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-r872-5800-se/

(i don’t need another bike obv)

It’s got a carbon fork!

Plus fours, aviation goggles, the works

1 Like

god we were talking about those spd sandals at the weekend

:smiley:

in all srsness tho my ultra as fuck is… comfy as fuck over longer distances so that will be my go to bike for the foreseeable. as i keep saying tho, i do wanna replace the shit single speed with something

1 Like

some of those state bicycles are lovely

(not that one)

Just sold my Dolan

:cry:

To buy a Crux

:smile:

1 Like

fat birds stock it omg

new ultegra coming out soon means price drop & sales on the old stock hopefully ?

keep getting random strava kudos from various worldwide strangers - they don’t appear to be bots.

why is this happening & why would anyne do this?

I get this too. they just do it in the hope of getting a follow

edit: I assume

yeah i used to but then i made my profile private so only people who i’ve allowed to follow me can give me kudos

#^this

(remember when we used to ^this ?)

^this

1 Like

Thinking out getting one of these:

Thoughts?

don’t know anything about ebikes, soz