Cycling Thread 2.0

I’m probably going to be on the IoW but if not: yes!

1 Like

When?

I’m watching cricket at the Oval with my brother on that day. Hopefully we’re going to be able to dash across the river to catch the end, but I don’t think the timing will work, unfortunately.

Ah, this Saturday. I’m out.

Aw guys :anguished: I’ll even wear deodorant!

saw some of them when was up there last weekend
both wheels have single sided forks

apparently there have been loads that have been “customised”

thought they looked a lot nicer than the ones we have in bristol

catching up on this thread after 3½ weeks away takes ages!

glad I did though as looking for a cx bike, or at least a drop handlebar bike that can go off road & has disc brakes & wasn’t aware of the new cotic - that’s going straight on the shortlist

1 Like

I’m not even in London this weekend :cry:

todays bored at work research subject is: finishing kit!

really like the look of Fizik stuff but most of it is $$$$$$$$

Fizik is great. Mine is a mixture of Deda (seatpost, saddle and tape) and Eason (bars and stem).

A mate has full Fizik kit. Dollar dollar (but he has just bought Zipp 303s).

sigh

so after:

removing and regreasing seatpost and cleaning inside
checking saddle rails and lightly greasing them
removing pedals, cleaning and regreasing threads (is there anything else i can do here?)
tightening everything i can find
swapping cleats on my shoes

that bloody tick is still happening once every pedal revolution on my bike. thought i’d got rid of it, but no. it is better when i get out of the saddle. occasionally it disappears for like 5 minutes. it’s the bloody bottom bracket isn’t it?

New bike mate.

you 100% sure it’s not your knees?

1 Like

honestly think it might be the pedals actually – when i took one of them off and twisted it around it made a noise even off the bike.

if i can be arsed one night this week i might put some different pedals on it and ride it round the block.

fucking BIKES man

Still waiting on my Mavic cycling shoes, fucking hurry it up you French wankers!

1 Like

Pricks

It’s as if some French cycling event has been happening recently and is taking up their valuable time.

1 Like

I’m also including @harru in my statement btw. Pricks.

1 Like

Oooh did you Go for the new comete ultimate s?

Reckon my mavic shoes are my best value bit of kit fwiw

I went for the Aksium III lace-ups:

1 Like