Cycling Thread 2.0

what kind of plan did you follow out of interest? there’s a whole bunch of them on zwift, still trying to pick one

it was just one of the strava ones, probs intermediate endurance or something like that. only did about 40 mins of it total then sacked it off and went outside :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol I’m still expecting this to happen. the novelty hasn’t worn off just yet though :slight_smile:

Hmm… I guess power is the output, but I’d be wary of assuming that the ability to deliver that power doesn’t change with any of those variables too.

I’m wary of training to output alone rather than also looking at what your body is actually doing. In running, for example, training to a set pace (equivalent of power) risks injury compared to running to heart rate, as the latter is a great indicator of fatigue, illness, cardiac drift etc.

yeah idk

i think ideally you are looking at both of them, like if you’re doing a power that should be comfortable but your heart is about to explode you know something’s up

going to re-waterproof my jacket and gilet tomorrow in prep for next weekend i reckon :ok_hand:

probably a good idea :frowning:

Hello from a showery field in Wales. Reppin Rapha, as ever.

2 Likes

It’s blocking your calf :frowning:
:poultry_leg:

:cow:

Mooove it then?

:persevere:

i’ve also ordered some mudguards. don’t think they’ll fit the 28s on my road bike but if they somehow do, i’ll be fitting them for scotland. if not, they’ll go on the commuter and i’ll never have a wet arse again.

Question: Are all recovery drink powders the same?

What do you use? Do you use them? Do you do something else?

Doing a lot of exercise, need to start looking after myself and fuelling/re-fuelling properly I think now that I’m getting old.

No idea.

I use this:

2 Likes

use electrolyte tablets on the bike, don’t really bother with stuff after / before a ride

mainly because for ages i was on a diet where you can become deficient in electrolytes so i just got used to having them. dunno if there’s any actual benefit over plain water.

edit: will sometimes also have a milkshake after a ride but that’s just because i like milkshakes

can’t believe you don’t go for chocolate

ctrl + f amazing
really dis? really?

2 Likes

ewww no way

took me a second too

1 Like

I was eyeing these up actually but I just have too bloody many jerseys and I just can’t.