Cycling Thread 2.0

i’m probably going to get stuff on the ferry, they do bacon rolls and that

It’ll be at least 10.40 before we’re actually cycling - plenty of time to digest a full fry up:

https://www.calmac.co.uk/ardrossan-brodick-arran-ferry-summer-timetable

1 Like

fucking YES

@marckee I don’t think I’ll ever be eating a fry-up pre-bike ride ever again

i was doing cadence drills yesterday, couple of minutes 100rpm then a couple of minutes 110rpm. found it really fucking hard. I naturally want to spin a lot slower, but apparently going faster is easier on the legs

Even more for me then.

:pregnant_woman:

I definitely noticed a difference. I was probably blowing a bit harder but it seemed easier. Considering how much running I’d done the week prior I was surprised but I went quicker too. PB’d a couple of climbs out of Sheff that I’d been trying to get for weeks!

1 Like

the thought of keeping 100+ cadence while climbing = :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::no_mouth::astonished::worried::cry::fearful::sob:

I’d be up for this. Averaged 30km/h in Colchester on my only ever flat ride

Can’t wait to see if the small town of Ardrossan, population 11,000, still has 3 train stations!!

I’ll be getting train back to Glasgow from Wemyss Bay.

What are y’all doing between getting back to Glasgow and hitting the pubs? Have you got a place to change or are you going out in lycra (in Glasgow!!).

I imagine we’ll go back to the hotel we’re booked in at (Premier Inn south Glasgow), shower, (get food?), then pub!

Shower and change in the hotel. I’m pretty sure we could sneak in a guest to use the facilities too, if needed.

If timing’s tight, we might have to order a load of pizzas to be delivered to the hotel…

I might take you up on that offer, if that’s OK.

I’d have to drop my gear off at your hotel at 8am in the morning though.

Or I might just bring in my car.

If they have lockers at the station, could you leave it there?

all of this is fine :slight_smile:

Genius!

1 Like

third bloody puncture this month today. fuck sake.

anyone got any tricks to get the tension on a single speed chain right when putting the rear wheel back on? always takes me far longer to sort that out compared to swapping the inner tube :weary:

tugnuts

Banned ect…

1 Like

A winnet?