Cycling Thread 2.0

the fuck’s an arvo

afternoon!

met office is saying light showers pretty much all day. magic.

welcome to scotland! :upside_down_face:

Have the beeb binned off MetOffice now? I know it’s supposed to be happening at some point if not already.

New rain jacket for Scotland?

this for me

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/collector's-edition-women's-classic-rain-jacket/product/WRJ04XX

(i wish)

yeah think they binned it over a year ago. that’s how their forecasts are shite now.

Only forecasting showers. On the MetOffice. They’re my go to forecaster.

Rain Capes will be fine.

I’m not buying rapha because I like to pretend I’ve still got some self respect

1 Like

cleared of manslaughter
guilty of “wanton or furious driving”

Stop pretending and join us on the dark side.

urgh I didn’t re-seat my rear tyre properly yesterday after my puncture (maybe the inner is twisted?) and a bit of the tyre is now bulging out and giving me bumps when i ride and i really should sort it before i ride home but i really really cba. it was fine this morning.

• don’t ride it, death trap, sort it out
  • it’s fine just have a look when you get in
  • give a fuck m9

0 voters

Would letting all the air out and reinflating maybe help?

1 Like

might try that cos there’s a proper track pump on the road out here, though I think I’ve deffo twisted the tube. there’s a visible bulge in the tyre and the telltale bump bump bump when riding. didn’t notice it yesterday because clearly i didn’t bother to look and also didn’t pump the tyre up that much to get home.

bikes are such pains in the arses aren’t they

it’s a 4th p******e waiting to happen unless you sort it

nooooooooooooooooooooo

(I’m willing to take that risk)

Gonna give my bike a special clean tonight in preparation for Glasgow. Super shiny.

2 Likes

deflate
check for inner tube pinching
reflate
keep fingers crossed & jump up & down on one leg whilst doing it saying kabbadi kabbadi kabbadi & you may be lucky

yeah I’ve changed my mind, I’ll sort it before I leave now.

SAKE

1 Like

Check the Daily Mail to see what their level-headed readers thought about this.

You may not want to, so I blurred the link: [spoiler]London cyclist who hit a mother is cleared of manslaughter | Daily Mail Online