Cycling Thread 2.0

Way to thread read, no thread read

2 Likes

I HAVE PACKED FOR THE TRIP.

I really hope I’ve not forgotten anything.

the bike!!

GOT

a ‘death by dangerous cycling’ law, apparently.

Someone on twitter linked to a comparative incident with a motorist:

trying not to be cynical here but would that stop pedestrians walking out into the street? :frowning:

No.

I think the point is that the victim’s family think if there was such a law, perhaps the defendant wouldn’t have ridden without brakes? It’s all a load of bollocks though.

FWIW, I think someone was saying upthread that he had a rear brake: he did, but the rear brake is the fixed aspect of the wheel. He was still riding totally “brakeless” (not that it would have make any difference to his ability to stop).

Comparative, other than the fact the driver was doing 40 in a 30 zone, which is a fairly important piece of information

1 Like

“This is dealing with a specific issue of reckless cyclists and those people who choose to ride fixed-wheel bikes without the additional front brake,” he said.

“With the fixed-wheel bike without the front brake the only means of braking is reverse pedalling … That’s totally inadequate and we’ve seen that with my wife’s death.”

Thing is, as with all laws (dangerous and wanton whatever is a perfect example), they can be applied in ways not imagined when the legislation is drafted.

Yer auld da is all set for Saturday.

2 Likes

best Clif bars, those

1 Like

If those are the Black Cherry Yoghurt flavour then they’re my FAVES

oh shit

TAPS AFF

5 Likes

Sleeveless jerseys, like cippolini

fucking beauty

:heart_eyes:

plasticmichael was saying i was gonna be cold with the summer-ish jerseys i’ve packed, but WHO’S LAUGHING NOW

GUNS OUT

1 Like

Will bring some spares

Nah, I went for the Rhubarb and Custard :ok_hand:

1 Like

anyone else noticed the strava login backgrounds changed the other day?

#exciting

1 Like