Cycling Thread 2.0

yeah, fine. i bought them for commuting / town rides. they look like normal shoes.

quite light fabric that lets air through so probably not ideal for winter / rain.

1 Like

Finally going to have a go at rowsley bar this weekend I reckon eek

Had a look at the weather for training tonight. Holy moly.

Bit of luck really, I managed to forget to bring any bibshorts to work :joy:

I have a crapload of errands to run on my bike. Please can the rain stay away until at least 8pm? Thanks.

I have until 8 o’clock to run home tonight, otherwise I’m going to get caught in a huge downpour. I’m meant to be spinning it out into an 18k run as well…

(this is now the running thread)

Yes but you’ll get ALL THE RAIN at 8:01 pm

ouch

Any of your guys recommend some mudguards? Looking at raceblade pros but other recommendations would be appreciated.

Apparently they’re the best aren’t they if you don’t have eyelets (think I’m going to get some for my bicycle).

The new Crud Roadracers which attach with velcro are meant to be okay.

1 Like

Do you have eyelets?

i’ve used the raceblades and they’re fine. make sure to get the longer ones though.

there’s also the crud roadracers but the new ones you have to glue a velcro patch onto your frame, which i wouldn’t be crazy about.

Of course not. that’d be too easy

I’d be all about these if I did @marckee

https://ridepdw.com/collections/road-cycling/products/full-metal-fenders

In fact, a lot of their stuff is lovely

Thanks @japes and @plasticniki. I’ll go with the old raceblade pros

Oh. No idea then. I have a set of SKS Bluemels and I’ve had no problems with them at all.

Yep, love PDW’s stuff.

I bought some Radial ones for my commuter but I’ve not had time to fit them yet (the ones for bikes with eyelets are meant to be great).

Can’t wait to fit audax stickers to both sets :smiley:

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/adventure/adventure/fugio/fugio-fs

looks decent. £800 though.

japes I had a dream last night that you built a bike using a shit old B’Twin frame and found some 650b wheels for it. I asked you what’s the deal with 650b and you shrugged.

sounds like it would be an accurate response

I would like to know the answer to this question though.

Thread hits peak terrible.

5 Likes