Cycling Thread 2.0

History is decent though

31113km

Enough of this shit. Just got the rider number list for the CX season. I got 888. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

2 Likes

This sort of bullshit

The fuck is wrong with you people?

and yes those are crisp crumbs from my lunch

1 Like

Large and Regular?

Came flying off my bike earlier. Pedal clipped a kerb. Proper face scraping against the road type shit. Pretty sure I need a new helmet. No idea how I only have a bit of road rash.

Face feels about 1000% bigger than normal. Loads of swelling on my knee and elbow. Everything hurts :pensive:

GWS PN
(excellent socks btw, at least they’re safe)

1 Like

Fuck you must have been scared. Very glad you had your helmet on after yesterday’s discussion. Hope there’s no lasting damage.

1 Like

Ouch! That looks and sounds sore! Just as bad as my leg cut in France!
If your helmet is ruined then I’m gonna have to ask you if you suffered any concussion? If so, be careful!

Hope you are OK. Take it easy tonight!

Oh, nice socks!

1 Like

ouch. hope you’re okay.

what actually happened?

Yeah tbh I think the helmet just hit the ground at the last possible moment. As I was flying through the air I was thinking “oh fuck must keep my head upright”. It looks okay but pretty sure it impacted. I feel fine apart from the road rash and general aches. I have absolutely no idea how I’m not more injured.

I’m alright.

I’ve actually clipped this bit of pavement with my pedal twice before. I just mis-judge it? Idk. Weird. I clipped it, bike like jolted from beneath me, somehow I went over the bars and landed on my chest on the ground. Loads of people came over to help. I sat on the kerb for a bit and then just cycled home as I’d left my lock at work.

That’ll teach me to go on autopilot.

check out cb back in the bike wanker thread btw

knew you couldn’t keep away! :wink:

2 Likes

Hope you’re ok Niki, have a cup of tea or something :tea:

ONLY to check that the loveliest cyclist out of the lot of ya was OK!

OUT!

1 Like

:rofl:

I’m grand, ta

1 Like

Felt exactly the same after I decked it this summer. Think sometimes you’re better at protecting yourself than you realise spur of the moment. Reaction times n that.

Glad you’re alright though and nothings too broken.

Is the bike OK?

Bike’s fine. Aches feel alright now, just a bit of road rash. I was wearing mitts and I never wear mitts on my commute and I am so grateful because they’re all cut up and my right hand has a bit of grazing, left feels bruised. Could have been so much worse.

Fully expect to have a massive face in the morning but so far it’s okay apart from badass scratches on my nose. Goddamn it.

Anyway. NEW HELMET TIME.

Giro Synthe is what I want but it’s a bit £££

Might get this:

https://www.evanscycles.com/bell-stratus-helmet-EV290993