Cycling Thread 2.0

Bastard to clean though. Even my bloo shoos just look really dirty now (wish I’d never bought them tbh).

ahaha look at these camo ones, wtaf

Like those. Wouldn’t wear 'em, mind. You’d have to be pretty dece to pull them off.

just realised you can put spd cleats on the road shoes with pontoons (wtf are pontoons)

“Stabilising Adaptors” - turns 3 bolts into SPDs

:open_mouth: are they closing the supermarket in question in the town in question?!

No, I’m just fed up of driving 74 miles a day to get to work and back. Been doing it for a year now and just being strung along whenever I mention a transfer.

1 Like

drinking 74 miles :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Very obvious what my main hobby is eh.

1 Like

absolutely fair play though. 74 miles?! fuck that noise.

yeah. that’s what mine does. was £230 ish.

pretty happy with it so far.

daily mail not content with him getting the jail for 18 months

They’re probably smarting from Evans pulling all their advertising in the paper.

best place to look for cheapo (<100) commuter bikes? gumtree, lbs, other??

i know i should ask the A-B lads this, but they’ll probs tell me to make my own out of used bog roll papier mache or something

ebay?

there’s a place round here that does recycled bikes. ie tarts up bikes that folk have donated. all cheap as fuck but usually a load of shite.

1 Like

Ouch

lfgss? (sold one bike and bought one through there, both were utter, utter bargains)

also gumtree, but obvs be careful

More SPD lovely lovely shoes:

http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/gl/fw/products/offroad/18ss_002xc5.php

I am such a sucker for lace ups.

Can I have a bit of advice?

I’m looking at getting some pedals that will suit me for commuting in my running shoes and will suit me for wearing cycling shoes when I’m out on longer rides and also training for, and doing triathlons.

I’ve narrowed it down to a choice of once of:

Shimano A530
Wellgo r120b

Does anyone have any experience with either of those? I’ve done a bit of reading around and both have their good and bad points (Wellgos are more grippy on the platform, and the Shimanos are less likely to leak grease everywhere), but I didn’t know if there was anything else I should be considering when buying a pair.

TIA!