Cycling Thread 2.0

oh also FAO @plasticmike

its slap bang mid july, so as well as being the tour, it’s also literally the most popular week for french summer holidays :confused:

When i was looking for accom for the previous week (8-12th) last night there was still availability and it wasn’t too extortionate but I didn’t check for the tour week itself…

FFS, you beat me to it.

1 Like

The tour will pretty much book all hotels around the finish towns, or the next days depart town already

1 Like

There’s the riders, team staff, tour staff, press, TV, logistics crews to house plus guests. A lot of workers

1 Like

So any hotels you do find would be priced at a premium. Harrus plan looks great fyi.

Yeah I assumed so, tbh I have no idea how close any of this is to start / finish towns or whatever so I have no idea.

Nothing is more than 80km away, but having a car is a lot easier. There is a purpose built bike path from Annecy to Albertville which is about 50km which makes life easier. Mapmyride or whatever it is has loads of loops to Cormet de Roseland, Alpe d’Huez ect…

You’ll have to take a pint but Harru has given you a week’s worth of hassle free perfect cycling, but you’ll probably have to camp

Camping is fine, probably, just working out logistics without a car and having to take camping stuff.

I’m not being a dream killer, just stating reasons why there isn’t one yet. Yes Sky train there, but a training training camp where you can’t leave the hotel in downtime is different to a scene of pros that live there and use it for their livelihood.

Also yes, some younger guys go, but the vast majority of people I know, and guys you probably see are the ones I generalised in my previous post.

I’d love to be part of this so you spend the money and set it up and employee me on 40k pa and we’ve a deal yeah???

Wait until 2019 and I can come and drive us to each stage as we follow the tour for 3 weeks???

I booked a 2bed mobile home for roughly £100 a night, not cheap but so much better than a tent, you get a proper full on kitchen, and BBQ , and somewhere to lock bikes in. (Not exactly Fort Knox but better than nowt.)

Will pm the details :slightly_smiling_face:

!!!

(thanks, and yep, was looking at the same things myself)

This might all be ruined as my mother’s 60th is on July 16th. Better get something booked QUICK.

Am I a bad daughter etc etc

No, it’s her birthday, not yours. Not your fault you’ve booked a holiday ect…

Meant to be going to the IoW cycling on Saturday.

LOL.

Nice and warm though

tbh I don’t even think we’ll get there because we’re staying in the New Forest and if the wind is that bad the ferry won’t be running :rofl:

Reading this at the moment

There is a lot of guff about Tom Simpson, and it fucking annoys me. I don’t get it ascii shrug

Have some goddamn respect!!!

Have you read Put me back on my bike?

I’m reading this atm:

Fucking great innit.