Cycling Thread 2.0

yep, will do. was just wondering if any of you lot had any tips :slight_smile:

would love a dyno but hmmmmmmmmmmmm

did actually lol. bravo.

1 Like

was going to theo a ‘tubular, bells and whistles’ joke but cba

@plasticniki Royce hubs are meant to be good and would feature on my dream wheels Hubs

They’ll also recommend builds based on the type of riding you do.

This is very much at the start of any ride you’d do and only a small fraction of it, but the route we did on Sunday went up the Goyt Valley and that was a really lovely climb. Would recommend going over that part of the peaks and skirting Buxton then to Ashbourne and south to Birmingham. Rather than just going straight there as it’ll be a bit meh I imagine.

1 Like

i’ve emailed him. if anyone can recommend any other wheel builders i’d love to know.

@japes if you’re serious about wanting to build me some wheels then please let me know n all

There’s this guy in Worthing

man, I actually really like track cycling.

For me:

1.Track
2.One day races
3.Tours

Today was proper nice in the peak district mates

2 Likes

You’re an idiot!

1. One day classics
2. Track world champs
3. GTs
4. One week races
5. Other track meets

2 Likes

3 Likes

what ones did you get

just entered a DIY for Sunday: 200km and the re-start of my RRtY attempt

iut’s going to be fucking cold isn’t it

forgot to answer you!

yeah would be happy to build you a set. obviously they’re not going to be as good as getting someone who really knows what they’re doing building some but i’d do it for the cost of the parts.

(still might not be the best deal compared to what else is out there mind)

1 Like

same route as last time (hopefully!!)

I went out both Saturday and Sunday this week and it honestly wasn’t too bad. Just had bibshorts, leg warmers and oversocks then a ss Base layer and my Castelli long sleeve jersey. Mid weight gloves as well.

That new Castelli long sleeve I got is absolutely banging by the way. I had a cheap Planet X short sleeve base layer and that on and was fine both days. No wind chill, no overheating (and if you do get a bit warm it’s got zip vents). It’s fucking class. Seeming like a real bargain at £100!

I’ve got some MTB wheels built from these guys years ago - they are on my son’s bike now and still going strong. Don’t think they’ve need even the slightest tweek in the years I’ve had them

1st road ride in ages yesterday - was great but was glad that I went for full winter kit. Should have used my winter boots or overshoes though as my feet were well numb by the end

want it

japes, help me, i can’t stop lusting after cross bikes with a 1x drivetrain

I NEED ONE