Cycling Thread 2.0

Yes boss.

Unsure yet but will surely keep everyone posted with my inane route planning.

1 Like

If you’re riding from Ludlow, then a49 to Shrewsbury, then through to Wem, Whitchurch to Warrington was our route through Manchester/Liverpool (we stayed in Chorley)

A49 is OK, but there are definitely better roads to take - A458 is quieter with nicer scenery. Taking A roads are the way to go to avoid going over the top of the Long Mynd.
Having said that, riding over the top of the Long Mynd is amazing, but it’s a tough ish climb and might be too much given the amount of riding you’re doing.

Tbf it was 9yrs ago since we did LEJOG. We did a mammoth day so probably needed a more direct route

1 Like

Had a good cup of tea here

got the irish equivalent of a Bo**s bike today, jfc it had the turning circle of an oil tanker i nearly crashed into the next street :joy:

i have too much money in my acc at the moment burning a huuuuge hole in my pocket, what bike shoudl i buy for a grand?

• MTB (hardtail)
  • CX/gravel thing (1x, disc)
  • silly posh commuter
  • Winter Roadie
  • nothing fool

0 voters

Suppose there’s no upgrades you need for your Spesh?

I’ve decided to shelve the new bike idea. Gonna get some new wheels for the Ultra As Fuck soon and then re-evaluate next year or later. Though I probably wouldn’t say no to a second hand Croix de Fer if the price was right. Quite want to get a frame and then build the bike up slow.

Going to look at Tour de Fer 20 this weekend!

1 Like

wheels is the only thing i could really upgrade (maybe stuff like carbon bars and silly pedals but fuck that tbh) but for what it’s worth the money would be better invested/saved into a new posh bike in the next year or 2. I want something nowwwwwww though because I am a manbaby.

i want a croix de fer or similar too, but the price of building a bike piece by piece seems so extortionate compared with something ‘off the peg’ even I can’t bring myself to do it.

Depends on what you’re buying. I reckon I saved about £1.5k buying all the bits for my Ti build seperately.

Currently considering whether a croix de fer could be my singular bike. To replace a hacky single speed foffa (used for a short commute and functional local trips) and trusty triban (which has slipped into near disuse since last June cos of babylife). A CdF (or any geared bike, really) is way more bike than I need or want for my brief commuting, though. So maybe e Genesis Flyer. Expensive for a SS, though. Not much more for the lovely lovely Equilibrium. But then we’re back in proper geared-up roadie territory. Which I can’t really justify at the mo.

So the other thought is to get a SS Plug. The Plug 1 Disc looks like a belter. And when/if I get back into regular roadie rides use that until I can justify having a proper roadie bike again.

And this is why n+1. :grin:

1 Like

Genesis day one 10?

And bet you only spent £2k on tools :slight_smile:

About £85

Best base colour for bike (obviously all bianchi should be celeste, but other bikes)

• White
  • Black
  • Red
  • Yellow
  • Pink
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Orange
  • Teal
  • Brown
  • Gold
  • Silver
  • Bronze
  • Bare metal

0 voters

And finish

• Matte
  • Gloss
  • Pearlescent

0 voters

Depends. Alu and carbon = matte. Steel = gloss.

I was thinking of maybe getting hold of something second hand and then building it up using second-hand components over time as a little project. LFGSS is a bloody goldmine of people shifting stuff…

A definite contender. Couple of people have one locked up at work. Will have to have a nosy.

I do love a steel bike with chrome forks, maybe half forks, maybe some of the stays but restraint and never all at once.

I do quite like an all chrome bike too. Cooper do a nice-looking by $$$ one