Cycling Thread 2.0

and @japes

don’t really live near decathlon but there’s one about a half hour train away, might make the trip out

cheers for the tip on getting a bib - should have known yous would steer me towards something super geeky :wink:

2 Likes

if you really cba, in my earlier cycling days i got a pair of tenn bibs off amazon

something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mens-Viper-Bib-Shorts-2-0/dp/B06XTRRB3Q

they were okay for short commutes but decathers will be much much better

1 Like

You can order online from decathers. Also the wiggle.com house brand Dhb are very good value for money. Definitely get bibs not shorts

1 Like

cheers, think I might make the trip, can pick up some running stuff too :slight_smile:

I know but I’m cycling on Saturday :sweat_smile:

1 Like

oooh i might clean my commuter tonight.

MIGHT.

it’s so dirty.

Never heard it called…

naughty

i might even put a new chain on

@plasticniki @japes

One for you guys. Looks sweet af tbf

Swinnerton Cycles on Instagram: "The Trek 1120 is a bagpacker’s dream! A rugged all-terrain frame , 29+ tyres and an included rack system. Available now in store and online! @swinnertoncycles @trekbikes"

1 Like

needs some drops

Any of the Scottish bike wankers familiar with routes near Dunbar? Gonna be there this weekend so need to plot a couple of routes.

Had a bike fit this morning - great stuff.

Also took my mudguards off. Too early??

depends… im gonna leave mine on cos I don’t see it being sunny between now when its wet and tomorrow… when miht have stopped raining but theres still loads of shit on the road.
from Monday though :sun_with_face:

don’t you always need them on for audax?

1 Like

Nah. Not all events have a mandatory mudguard rule - in fact my next one, LWL, doesn’t. Obvs if it’s raining I’ll put them back on.

1 Like

Did the bike fit generate many changes to your set up?

Longer stem
Changed the position of my cleats to accommodate my weird twisting right side
Saddle forward and down
Bars rotated slightly

All quite small things but when you add it all up it made it feel much better :ok_hand:

A bike fit is a brilliant thing. Definitely something I’d recommend for anyone who isn’t just pootling to work and back. I’ve always liked a long reach, but used to get crazy hip rotation. Amazing how just half a centimetre here and there can improve things a thousandfold. More power, less injury.

Yeah, it was the same with my bike fit - a few seemingly minor changes (slightly wider bars, longer stem) but a very noticeable difference on the road.

bean

2 Likes