Cycling Thread 2.0

Podcast featuring Philippa York.

2 Likes

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKSHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE :white_flower:

Reading this in preparation for the weekend:

Quite a good write up of how you feel before something a bit difficult.

Need to get some 3x10 shifters. Latest Tiagra okay or should I spend stupid amounts on 105 or Ultegra?

think 4700 tiagra’s meant to be as good as old 10 speed 105, so i’d go with that

I might start a Tiny Letter about cycling

• yes I would subscribe
  • what the fuck’s tiny letter
  • fo,m

0 voters

i’ve never heard of it

c

1 Like

TinyLetter is a personal newsletter service brought to you by the people behind MailChimp. People use it to send updates, digests, and dispatches to their fans and friends.

Yes, my fans.

3 Likes

Do you mean to say you hope to reach an audience beyond DiS? :confounded:

I really cant be arsed to cycle home now.

I have a Rapha one. I think it’s splash proof and wind proof and it’s super breathable and nice. I used to ride in a North Face rain jacket :laughing:

I actually prefer to wear it than not wear it because I am cold all of the time.

It fits in with my all black everything cycling attire
(with a splash of pink)

I have aspirations you know.

I already got a got of encouragement over on the Audax Facebook page.

yeah I’d read it. have always enjoyed the other stuff you’ve written about cycling.

i mean i assume if you didn’t have a tiny letter thing you’d just post it here and I’d still read it anyway, but y’know

Nearly soiled myself this morning when my brake cable snapped. Was racing to go over a toucan crossing, realised I wouldn’t make the green, so broke with a bit too much gusto and ping.

:astonished:

Had a spare, fortunately.

You carry spare cables?? You are more prepared than me.

I had a spare knocking around, so stuck it in with my tools. Figured it doesn’t really weigh anything. Also my commuting bike is fixed wheel so I get paranoid about having to ride through town with no brakes.

1 Like

Didn’t do that 400km in the end :frowning: (as I have documented elsewhere)

Eyeing up one in a couple of weeks though

Bought a mesh base layer from Aldi and it is great, highly recommended

Those £28 dhb lace up SPDs are banging

3 Likes