Cycling Thread 2.0

Some friends of mine from Manchester did this fixed last year, it sounded like hell.

24 hour racing on Mountain Bikes can be good fun (if the weather is ok) - I’ve done a fair few

On a road lap thiing I think it would be pure tedium

It is. Imagine doing 400km of it.

:face_vomiting:

Went last year as a swanny, fancy it massively.

need a May 200km ride and nothing is inspiring me. anyone got any ideas?

diy?

1 Like

Come to sheffield (on Yr bike)

Similar, just paler legs

Bit fed up of the default 200 DIY I’ve devised round Kent. Can’t be fucked cycling through London twice if we go north, and getting a train out only really works if we go south again. Otherwise we need to get to a train station first.

Hills though.

does your bike sat nav not have a suggested routes thing where you can put 200km in and it gives you 5 options… (check them online etc to make sure it doesn’t take you on the M25)

London-Brighton- London?
Round the south downs and back
Or head west after crossing the M25, towards Surrey and Sussex, instead of Kent?

I wouldn’t bother cycling through London to get to the north. There’s nothing remotely interesting in the bits of Hertfordshire or Essex within striking distance. South Londoners definitely get the better deal there

What about the Chilterns? Can always get the Met line out.

nope. can search on ridewithgps anyway, i’m just struggling to find inspiration tbh

Ride to Winchester, see the baby and get the train home!

12 laps of your local 10s course. :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

OMG WAIT THERES ACTUALLY A BABY NOW!!! EEEEEEEEEE

NOT YET

But there definitely will be by the end of may, which is when PN needs to complete the ride by

Ohhh. Note to self: that’s how time works, dr twentynine

Did wonder how you’d kept it quiet tbh :joy:

1 Like