Cycling Thread 2.0

Wahoo element bolt. 200 squids. Best thing.

was thinking more like <=30 quid

Oh. Use your phone

Wouldn’t rely on Google Maps routing but if you’ve got a dynamo then running a decent app would be a good and cheap solution.

As for the original Elemnt vs the Bolt: Bolt is smaller, more “aero”, slightly worse battery life (I think, though there’s not much in it), cheaper. Think the bleeps might be a bit louder. They’re basically the same, though.

Apparently you can get a Bolt for £160 from Sigma at the moment, with the code GIRO40 @zxcvbnm2

(gotta put something else in your basket to take it over £200 though)

How maps work with the Bolt? Do you have to pay for them like Garmin? (sorry I’m asking a lot of questions)

no, they’re free

Just macgyver an old tomtom satnav onto the handlebars and connect it to a usb powerbank :sunglasses:

carriage is indeed about £80 return on all airlines i’ve checked, I’d want a proper bike box to pack it in (only have a cheap CRC bag at the mo, wouldn’t reaaaalllllly trust it on a plane).

proper bike boxes are like £3-500 to buy, or you can rent one of those for a week for £50

ruddy london, always such a faff. Tempted to sack it off and ride the west coast of ireland for the weekend instead tbh

I’d most definitely do that latter. The vast majority of the RL route is naff tbh

1 Like

yeah maybe, tbh the cycling is the secondary reason o the weekend away in London anyway, I’m more interested in planning good restaurants to eat in on the saturday :laughing:

1 Like

Wow, something you’re right about!

1 Like

Shut it you!

1 Like

Come and do DunRun!

Oh yeah @harru!

You can borrow Mike’s Charge Grater for it.

Aw bumflaps where’s my “the conductor :maple_leaf: gone? :frowning:

FANTASY GIRO LEAGUE UPDATE! :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man:

:1st_place_medal: Matt winning with his Salbutamol-powered load of juiced-up 'roiders, 1718 points
:2nd_place_medal: Plasticknickerknackers with a Tommy D did a dump pun team name, 1676 points
:3rd_place_medal: HTBA’s good bunch of lads in a Sky-free team so winning by default, 1671 points
:poop: 4th Warny, 5th Me, 6th Mike, 7th Daddy Rich, 8th Aggers, 9th Fraze, 10th Jen(th)

2 Likes

I’ve got a good feeling about my team :slight_smile:

Yates and froome. Playing the long game

Had to check Louis Meintjes was still alive had actually started the stage yesterday tbh

Dropped from 3rd to 3rd last yesterday