Cycling Thread 3.0

Ooooooo whereabouts in Kent? Bloody love a good cycle around the garden of England in the sunshine!

packing for 4 days adventuring with only about 10 litres of space in winter is… difficult, innit? would be okay if i didn’t need to take casual clothes :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

ah damn, forgot there was decent cycling on.

how are GB doing now Cugat has left cycling?

You need to get on the correct thread Mr.

oh, can’t find it

1 Like

ta :sweat_smile:

This is good

2 Likes

still reckon cycling around manhattan would be pretty difficult if you had no idea what you’re doing like

1 Like

Can I ask for sizing help please? So I’m getting the cannondale topstone as mentioned above and my local bike shop (who are a top bunch) told me I’d probably want the large frame and I had a ride on a large one (phwoarl) and put my deposit down straight after.

But… I’ve discovered online that the topstone does come in an extra large and I’m 6ft 2 so if the extra large isn’t for me who is it for? Different websites seem to have different size guides.

Local bike shop said today that I COULD go for the extra large and it might even be faster but it wouldn’t be as comfortable and I’d be more comfy on longer rides with the large because I wouldn’t be stretching forward too much. They also don’t have an extra large for me to try and said they’re really hard to get hold of…

So. What do we reckon? 6 ft 2,should I be on an extra large? Should I delay getting the bike to see if they can get the extra large in? Should I just experiment with a longer headstock or stem angle or something? Thoughts welcome!

It’s not just your height to go off unfortunately.

You could be all arms so prefer a longer reach etc

It’s one of those things where you won’t know unless you sit and ride in both :man_shrugging:

1 Like

pull up the geometry chart for your current bike and compare it to the one for the cannondale

going off height alone doesn’t really work

1 Like

I’d have probably suggested an XL over a large tbf, but it depends on the geometry. You’ll possibly get away with a L, but you may need a long seatpost

1 Like

also worth remembering if you’re in between sizes, it’s easier to make a small bike bigger than it is to make a big bike smaller

4 Likes

Yeah thanks all those are useful points.

Got a bit annoyed with people getting annoyed with me for claiming that my bike trip wasn’t difficult, and insisting I was just being modest. I was basically sat down for three months paddling my little legs around a few thousand times a day. Anyone can do it!

1 Like

I reckon there’s a mental aspect of it a bit. Also, it is a pretty big deal to do such a long tour.

But yeah the gist is right :blush:

What happened? Did Winnie fix it?

this is a lovely looking bike isn’t it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BujGdoUhIHh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=85cujnc3vocv

2 Likes

Can we coordinate anti-Penge? What colours do Paragon wear?

1 Like