Cycling Thread 3.0

lovely

mine were almost impossible to get onto those wheels on my triban - would be interested to see how hard you find them

Took the Rocie to the bike shop and they sorted my front mech in minutes. I said “the Internet told me not to try to fix it myself” and they agreed.

1 Like

Hurrah

1 Like

My chains have gunk on them - but it’s a waxy gunk that falls off/ can be wiped away with a dry rag before you put fresh squirt on

If you use squirt your cassette and chain will never be shiny like new, but personally I couldn’t care less about that as long as I never have to piss about with degreaser anymore

1 Like

:thinking:

Where does one get the best ‘squirt’ from?

you can get it here direct from Squirt

seems to be on Amazon/ various web shops too

1 Like

got mine from merlin

1 Like

No idea what searching for squirt lube would do to my recommendations then on…

i get mine straight from the vendy

2 Likes

i always type squirt bike and that does the job

1 Like

don’t need a front mech, you’re #teamgravel

just take it off and get it in the canal. ghetto 1x.

I love the gearing on my gravel bike, so versatile… Have I told you lot how great my gravel bike yet? I feel it’s something I really should have mentioned at some point.

2 Likes

Got a puncture on the way home, went to get it fixed* and shop told me rear wheel was buckled so now of course I’m investigating buying a load of wheel trueing bits like an idiot.

*absolutely cba fixing punctures myself on the commute, I pass about 6 bike shops on the way and it’s short enough to just pedal home on a flat if I have to

why didn’t you just get them to true it?

it feels like you’re having terrible luck recently.

They were too busy last night but might take it back there tonight

On the plus side I emptied half a can of disc brake cleaner on my rotors and it’s almost certainly had an amazing placebo effect improvement on the performance

Cause and effect?

2 Likes

Probably more likely to be that time the car hit me :+1:

Only my 2nd flat in over a year on that commute, and I’ve never seen a place with more broken glass than North Dublin so could be worse

1 Like

depends how bad out of true it is, but a spoke key and some patience while your watching tv or something and you can sort it no bother

3 Likes