Cycling Thread 3.0

One for @grievoustim

1 Like

Davidoff Cool hydraulics for me

1 Like

I love single chainring on mountain bikes - I have a double on my winter road/ gravel bike as thatā€™s what it came with, but think a single would be more than fine

1 Like

I am going to but a cheap turbo. I have narrowed it down to

Or

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-crono-mag-speed-alu-trainer/

Iā€™ve been looking for something second hand but given Iā€™ll have to lug it home I cba with it really, and these seem to get the budget balance right. Which to get?

• Lifeline fluid
  • Elite mag

0 voters

think the elite one is supported on zwift, the lifeline one isnā€™t, so iā€™d go for that one

(ie zwift have the powercurve data for the elite so can use it to estimate zpower)

your new triban doesnā€™t use thru axles does it? if it does, you might want to check the trainer will take them

Nope, standard quick release. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be getting rid of my other bike yet, so Iā€™ll probably pop that on there.

I was thinking that but arenā€™t fluid trainers meant to be better than magnetic ones? Or is it basically the same when youā€™re at the budget?

This.

Cool, thanks.

This is basically to see if we can hack turbo training / for me to get quicker for PBP

yeah

probably.

iā€™d take another look at getting a second hand one tbqh

I have 1x sram apex hydraulic, think thatā€™s the level one lower. the gearing is absolutely fine. In highest gear you can get to something like 45km/h before you start to spin out, so unless you have some major descents or are REALLY fast on the flat then itā€™s fine.

The brakes tbh are not great compared to hydroā€™s iā€™ve used on mountain bikes. HOWever, iā€™m about 75% sure this is because i fucked them up when building the bike, and I havenā€™t been arsed to get the LBS to check it yet :flushed:

in fact they barely have the stopping power of normal road rim brakes :grimacing: , I will get them checked soon

edit - might be more like 55km/h top speed actually, canā€™t reallt remember. Itā€™s rarely an issue anyway.

Is that the bike you rode the Etape on? If soā€¦ thatā€™s brave :smiley:

Just seen that the Titanium Planet X/On One offering is ā€œonlyā€ Ā£400 more than the aluminium, since Iā€™ve always wanted a Ti bike, Iā€™m almost sold on this nowā€¦

You wonā€™t be disappointed. Love my Lynskey. Best of both worlds of carbon and steel. And stiff as carbon, as comfortable as steel

had full winter gear on this morning: tights, gloves, gilet. AWFUL.

3Ā°c on my drive in

i got some early birthday presents this weekend including a rapha insulated gilet :heart_eyes:

almost looking forward to the long winter rides so i can wear it

also got some bits from the brevet collection so now i feel that my wardrobe is complete. bloody lovely stuff.

1 Like

I got one of their brevet jerseys in the sale in the spring, but itā€™s not yet been cold enough for me to actually wear it on a ride yet.

Brought out the thick gloves and glad I did

remembered to bring my gloves with me. after locking the garage and going to put my gloves on the finger holes inside were all sort of out/jammed up so couldnā€™t put the gloves straight on :angry: put them in my pocket and did without :roll_eyes:

I cycled in wearing a long sleeved t-shirt. It was fineā€¦

:cold_face: