Cycling Thread 3.0

Okay so GravelKings are a no no. Couldn’t get them on and I’m not going tubeless so yeah :expressionless:

Winter / hardy tyre options which aren’t spendy, 32mm (max £50/pair) which aren’t tubeless?

Clement Strada LGG 120tpi (£15 each, but I remember @rich-t saying they were crap? Everything I’ve read online says they’re pretty decent.)

4 seasons are too expensive really.

Lifelines don’t come in 32. Michelin pro4 endurance look excellent but not 32, again.

Gonna have to stick with 28s aren’t I. Ffs.

Awful. Far too many punctures.

Personally 4 Seasons or Corsa Gs for me.

Really spendy tho, ffs

4 seasons will last for ages

what about schwalbe ones? (forget which is which, the names are all confusing) the g-one speed maybe?

might only get them in 30c or 35c though

yeah I had a look at they’re basically not available in 32c. tubeless ones are, but cba with that.

i always knew i should have just bought 4 seasons. so boring :expressionless:

did you do the trainer road?

not yet, I am fucking terrible at motivating myself for this :grimacing:

If you’re not put off Panaracer made tyres, have you looked at Compass’ range or the cheapish Panaracer-produced ones on Planet X?

Compass are so expensive :frowning:

Was looking at the Jack Brown tyres on Planet X but they’re only in 28mm or 33.33333mm - it’s touch and go whether or not the latter would fit with mudguards, but I might get some for summer. Maybe. I had also been recommended the Fairweather “For Traveler” on there but they only have one black 32mm in stock :frowning:

I have some 4 Seasons in 32mm arriving today instead.

What I might do is see if I can get 650b in there and get a second wheelset with some fancier-looking tyres at some point. Maybe I’ll get @japes to build them for me.

1 Like

help me pick a picture, guys

a:

b:

c:

d:

• a
  • b
  • c
  • d
0 voters

C, because they’re based in Winchester and are a GBOL