Cycling Thread 3.0

So just to double check, on the chart Niki posted what letter does that correspond to?

A

1 Like

That is what I measured, but maybe I gucked up, canā€™t remember which bits I went from, could have maybe just done it on the actual bsr across and not from the tube centres, Probably is 54, isnā€™t it? Too late now to do anything about the bike not being as described on the ebay listing.

god knows tbh. like dots says, could just be a previous model size 51 that they used to use 700c wheels for

either way, it sounds like the bike is close to fitting you so it doesnā€™t really make much difference. tweaking stuff here and there and itā€™ll soon fit you perfect.

1 Like

Yeah, very true. It is nice to ride and the couple of little discomforts can probably be tweaked out. Probably best I just change that front tyre to get a little more clearance and save money for an eventual upgrade that I can put more time into choosing the perfect (reasonably priced) bike.

you are a proper bike wanker arenā€™t you? already succumbing to the N+1 rule :smiley:

1 Like

I am assuming that refers to always wanting another bike? I would probably sell my current one if I did get another, if anyone wanted a third hand bikeā€¦

1 Like

Highly recommend these tyres if yr on a budget.

Thereā€™s also some more puncture resistant ones:

There are cheaper Ā£9 ones (and you can certainly get cheap tyres anywhere) but the Ā£15 Wiggle ones are Actually Very Decent Tyres imho.

1 Like

Thanks Niki :slight_smile:

Should I get a new inner tube too, or is their size only relevant to wheel circumference and not tyre thickness?

Nah, the one you have currently will be fine. Though itā€™s always good to have a spare :slight_smile:

(Yes, they are relevant to width and circumference, but I highly doubt thereā€™s a really fat inner tube in your tyre)

1 Like

Black Friday deal on Eurosport player. Ā£20 for the year.

Rapha doing some discounts from the 22nd onwards n all. Finally a chance to use my voucher!

Been trying to work out how small the wind jackets pack down to but I canā€™t seem to find outā€¦?

Going to try this ā€˜climbā€™ tomorrow: double the length and twice as steep a gradient as the toughest I have done so far. Still a tiny bump of a hill, which I am only going part way up because of where I want to turn off, but this is the mountain of the local landscape.

SMASH IT :muscle:

Itā€™s only a matter of time until youā€™ll be doing these bastards.

3 Likes

Planet X Lured Me In With Their 5p Shite And I Ended Up Spending Over Fifty Quid On Nothing In Particular: a tale of bike wankery woe

whatā€™s this now?

exhibit a:

Yeah, didnā€™t manage it. Did about a third of it. Not terrible I guess, and I did the half size hill after that with barely any effort so I guess I need to find something intermediate between the two.

Also, size mystery update: if I have measured right this time (from the centre of the tubes), it is indeed a 54cm frame, which explains the 700C wheels. Feel like a right mug, canā€™t even raise a case on ebay as it has been too long.

1 Like

nah just do the same one again and get slightly further up it :muscle:

5 Likes

Ooh, less than half price raceblades, might have to get those. Need mudguards badly. Thought silver will look ridiculous on my bike.