Cycling Thread 3.0

No I did mean wheel - edited my post when I realised. The tyre came off easily enough.

If getting it back in requires as much force as getting it out there is no way I have the strength to do it.

I probably don’t mean to say lever either as I now realise that is confusing with tyre lever… what is the name for the thing you release to get the wheel out? Should really learn all the finer terminology.

quick release lever.

they should be tight but they don’t need to be so tight they’re difficult to take off

I couldn’t do either bit getting it out myself, either the lever or then getting it out because it was seriously wedged in there. Doesn’t bode well for getting it back in, will probably have to wait for when my uncle can help me again… probably in the new year :disappointed:

You can adjust the tightness of it using the bit at the other end of the skewer

Totally loosened that too! (the bit opposite the release lever?)

Yep!

Something doesn’t sound right at all here :pensive: it should slot in with ease

Should have held out for a new bike in hindsight.

Brake release maybe. Could hinder the wheel

Also released. If I get the chance after naptime I’ll take a closer look. Why can’t bikes be simple.

That’s why I never bothered learning maintenance stuff and just used to chuck it in the bike shop every few months.

Sometimes 2x socks can block circulation if it makes your shoes too tight

1 Like

Line part of your shoe with tin foil?

2 Likes

Tyre gate update: took the Lifeline tyres off my other bike (basically come off Hunt tubeless wheels with no levers and go on with minimal effort) and tried to fit them: no dice. Took Mike an hour to get the 4 seasons off again before we tried to fit the others.

In summary: I’m getting new wheels in the new year. @japes do you want a little wheel project?

God I’m dreading rim brakes over Christmas

JFC.

1 Like

:grimacing:

It’s obv fine but discs are such a treat.

Anyone want some disc wheels? I’ll do you a good deal :wink:

So the Hunts are fine, Decathers ones are the problem? Is it worth complaining to them as they’re so new? Surely other people are having the same issue.

Yeah, maybe. Might be the rim tape: going to get some other stuff this week, that’s my last option before dumping the wheels but tbh it just seems incredibly unlikely that something as inconsequential as rim tape could be the answer here…

can give it a bash

What about building wheels though

1 Like