Cycling Thread 3.0

We definitely won’t be cycling back!

different phones seem to cope better with Strava than others

My current piece of shit phone thinks its smarter than it is and keeps trying to do all kinds of daft things to save the battery - Strava as GPS tracking app basically doesn;t work on it

I’ve become a #turbowanker

Anyone using Trainerroad and a dumb trainer?

Anyway the ramp test wasn’t as bad as I’d anticipated and it wasn’t as boring as I thought it was gonna be.

Bet I won’t be saying that after an hour tomorrow morning :grimacing:

You’ve done it wrong then :grinning:

1 Like

no.

did my first zwift in ages this afternoon too. tried my turbo on smart mode for the first time. was fun.
was just dicking about though. will need to see what it’s like when i’m trying to hold a specific power etc

Think it’s just using a dumb trainer tbh

I mean it was tough but my legs gave out way before my heart rate got that high

Found it one of the most excruciating things I’ve done on a bike

Most excruciating thing you’ve done on a bike?

Mine is probably the plateau de glieres last summer. Extraordinary.

Either that or the time my boss took me for a spin one lunchtime, just 20km or so, relatively flat, but i got double leg cramp, and then puked at the end trying to keep up.

Ramp tests are bleak

Forgetting we had to cycle 15km to a train station immediately after doing a 600km ride

And then when we got to Liverpool Street we had about 7 minutes to get to London Bridge for the last train back SE

:joy:

1 Like

Might get a bike.

1 Like

Tell us more

If i do get a bike, I’m going to ride it.

I’ve no idea where to start, i want to ride it to eork, which is an all tarmac route, but also want to be able to do riding along toe paths and other types of terrain. I think I’d have to put mud guards on it and I’m concerned about where to keep it. It probably wouldn’t like being in the garden all the time, would it?

Sounds like you want one of these incredibly hip-right-now gravel / adventure bikes. But it depends on your budget I guess.

Keeping a bike outside all year round = risk of theft / almost certain premature wear of components due to rust.

Yeah, I’ve not considered budget yet. What do you think i should expect?

The back garden is pretty secure, i mean the cat hasn’t worked out how to get to the street from it yet. I could clear out the shed but that’s where we keep the spiders and I’m not sure they’d be best pleased.

Oh, and my preference would be for a yellow bike, so I can sing this song everywhere I cycle.

But it’s not imperative.

Wonderful track

1 Like

i just did one. can confirm it was not fun.

I’ve got one of these for our bikes :+1: