Cycling Thread 3.0

All road :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :biking_man: :dash:

I went out for a spin with a CC back in Jan, only 70km or so but they were soooo much stronger than me, put me off ever going back. Really nice lads but i’d just be holding them up, one of them posted a 100 mile ride at 32km/h last week (solo), and he’s not even in their race team :roll_eyes:

Oops -, Mixing imperial and metric but what you gonna do about it?

I am so much faster* going up and down hills than on any other type of riding (flat/rolling/windy/whatever).

Is this just because it’s what I’m used to or am I just built more like a climber? (looooooolllll)

How do I get faster on flat straight bits?

*It’s all relative

Got a cadence meter?

Push a bigger gear than you’d normally push, and push it harder than you might normally. Do this a few times a ride

1 Like

Does fuck all

Sure, I try and spin at 80+ at least, and try and not drop it too much on the hills.

you need to ride your bike for it to work

1 Like

Exactly. Doesn’t work

2 Likes

Yeah as rich said I just crank up to a bigger gear for portions and focus on keeping the cadence as high as normal. Not that there’s much chance to do that round here, but when I get some flat that’s what I try to do

1 Like

my tactic is to get really fat so i can’t get up hills, so relatively speaking your speed on the flat will seem better

#science

4 Likes

This method definitely works

1 Like

bit of a weird problem though, don’t know anyone else like this that isn’t teeny tiny (maybe you are?)

Having said all that I was pushing up the hill today in the big ring at about 20kmh thinking I was Billy big balls, when as per usual some old guy on a 20kg steel monster from the 60s roared past me, barely raising his pulse. :joy:

1 Like

I’m short with little legs, not overweight any more but not skinny :thinking:

That’d be a dream

#audax

He just looked like an old pro rather than a long distance Clara, think I probably am more suited to trundling along for 20 hours at 20km/h rather than trying to do 100km at 30kmh tbh, I just don’t want to :rofl:

:biking_man: :it: :biking_man: :pizza: :biking_man: GIRO FANTASY UPDATE :biking_man: :it: :biking_man: :pizza: :biking_man:

:one: Rider HTBA to report to ADC at haste. Hope your bladder is suitably full: 2817 points
:two: Niki is sat on the wheel ready to launch her sprint up Via dei Fori Imperiali: 2734 points
:three: 29 bravely battling a vertigo-induced noseblood by stepping on a podium: 2644 points
:poop: Mike, Matt, Warny, Aggers, Rich, Fraser, Jenny. Pick a rider to take out back :boom: :dog: :gun:

1 Like

i’m coming for you @allnerve

1 Like