Cycling Thread 3.0

I’m famous now.

8 Likes

you should get that framed

1 Like

did some off-road yesterday. don’t think i’ve ever been so broken after a ride.

woke up in the middle of the night for a pee and couldn’t stand up haha

fuck

4 Likes

anyone have weird cycling dreams…? just weird feelings of vection and that feeling of travelling along roads :expressionless:

nope

1 Like

My wife (not a cyclist) has started having cycling dreams.

Ha ha! Unlucky.

3 Likes

She knows loads about pro cycling now too. Hates it, but could prob name half the peleton.

3 Likes

Absolutely loved my conversation with her at fenino last year about pro cycling. The eye rolling was great

1 Like

Surely there’s more to this case than there is stated in the article?

For fucks sake

aye, was reading about this. it’s nuts.

if that was a driver there’s absolutely no way they’d have to pay anything

It looks like she walked out, while on her phone, into traffic, where the cyclist, who had right of way and was not speeding, swerved towards the pavement to avoid her and any traffic outside him, only for her to notice his warning and jump back towards the pavement.

Have I got that right? That can’t be it.

such a fucking mad ruling. the fact that it’s decided to be 50/50 liability, surely he only has to counter sue her for more than she had sued him for and she’ll be out of pocket

makes no sense

yes, yes that’s correct, yet the cyclist IS WRONG???

apparently he sounded his horn, slowed down and swerved to avoid her

what else is he meant to do

Her claim was based upon lost earnings (she is a city worker and yoga instructor), so I douobt he would be able to claim for more.

“Even where a motorist or cyclist had the right of way, pedestrians who are established on the road have right of way. Mr Hazeldean did fall below the level to be expected of a reasonably competent cyclist in that he did proceed when the road was not completely clear.”

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mauger said Brushett‘s conduct as a pedestrian must have contributed to the accident. “Ms Brushett must clearly have equal responsibility if she is crossing the road without looking – and if she is looking at her phone, even more so,” she said.

idgi

I started LEJOG a year ago today, omg

And two years ago yesterday I did my first 200km ride

Funny how time flies innit

1 Like