Cycling Thread 3.0

Doping prick

1 Like

It also told me I was phillipe Gilbert but I knew you couldnā€™t resist the valverde bat-signal

Also a doping prick

1 Like

what does this mean

Yesterday I think

Sufferfest test*

(Iā€™m going really blind and autocorrect is basically ruining my life, I canā€™t see what I write. :disappointed:)

is that the 4DP one?

wouldnā€™t mind a go at that one, reckon iā€™m much better at V02max than steady state stuff so might be interesting

Yeah it was. i was surprised how good it was actually.

It told me my VO2 is a bag of shite :smiley:

look at all the guff it gives you:

3 Likes

very nice colours

2 Likes

I liked this test, but Iā€™m a trainerroad wanker now.

Penge has got full into fucking Zwift racing. The chap I rode PBP with is obsessed with it and itā€™s weirdly making me really sad?

obvs itā€™s great that people are having a nice time and I know Iā€™m being a stupid idiot :grimacing:

did my fastest ever ride last night. trainerroad really is paying off.

3 Likes

so mrs ā€œi hate the turboā€ is finally coming roundā€¦

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:smiley:

Iā€™ve come around! Canā€™t imagine how much better using a smart one would be, but I am quite happy with the dumbo one at the moment. Donā€™t tell Mike but I am secretly hoping it breaks :grimacing: so we can replace with a shiny new one (as long as there are stocks, ofc). Iā€™ve even got a fan arriving today!

You can also really see it on Stravaā€™s fancy fitness graph:

NB. I guess I should note that lots of rides pre-lockdown were commutes which were really slow and without HR. Binning them off and concentrating on shorter rides has just been :fire: but no fucking idea what this is gonna do to my endurance once this is all over?

3 Likes

Guys i sorted out my front derailleur!!!

this is the greatest day of my life.

Itā€™s been giving me jip for about a year!

Followed literally every instruction manual, youtube guide, forum post in the entire world trying to get it to work properly again.

(it was basically being really shit with upshifting to big ring, and if i could bodge it to work, it made horrible noises and every now and again would just chuck the chain off outboard and cause all sorts of swearing).

But today i fixed it! some english bloke in a garage uploaded a new video with what seems like the worst front derailleur setup method ever, but it worked! I love him.

absolutely delighted, how was your day?

2 Likes

really good thanks, I conquered a demon

8 Likes

Excellent work. I hate bike maintenance and gears in particular, so Iā€™m well jealous of your skillz :slight_smile:

Today I did the mass ā€œ25 laps of the Volcanoā€ challenge organised by Zwift Insider. 65 butt-numbing miles, but I did it in less than 3 hours thanks to the near constant drafting off the crowds. It was surprisingly good fun given the repetition - probably a thousand people or more joined in - but Iā€™m not going back to that friggin volcano again for a long time :see_no_evil:

Newb over here. Used to manage 30 mile or so ridesā€¦ Have never been a long distance cycler, more part time, but this bussssiness is seeing me get back in the (brompton) (already sorry) saddle.

I hope bromptons arenā€™t banned in this thread. Donā€™t know the etiquette.

Anyone got any tips on building up stamina in legs for hills? Is it justā€¦ Do a lot of them :joy:

2 Likes

yep. fraid so.

if you wanted to get serious about it you could pick a hill nearby and time yourself, then try and beat your time whenever you ride up it. but thereā€™s nothing really special about training for hills, other than more cycling

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s kinda what I did earlierā€¦ Nice easy incline with great pay off if done in a circuit. Five minutes slog up hill, two minutes wheeeeee downhill. Repeat ad infinitum.

3 Likes