Cycling Thread 3.0

yep, same

really wanted those nice looking 2 bolt fiziks when i was in the market a month ago but they were £150, now down to £60 ffs

https://www.triuk.com/Triathlon-Cycle-Shoes/Fizik/Terra-Powerstrap-X4-Mud-or-Caramel/391006

Dammit, just as I bought a new pair (which arrived 5 minutes ago)

6 Likes

niiiice :smiley:

Are mavic going bust??

I really don’t need any shoes but might get some if they’re going to disappear…

apparently triuk themselves are going bust?

the yellow ones?

1 Like

Maybe…

Yeah. I posted as much about a month ago, to which you replied you’d been inside the factory or warehouse or something. Smdh harru

Yeah but it went quiet since then and France doesn’t really let companies go bust…

Who knows

I thought this about my pair of Ortliebs, and to be fair I still use them both all the time. However the clips on the shoulder strap broke on one of them and then when I was doing a fast (for me) descent in Dulwich a few years back the anchoring hook on one of them worked loose and fell off, making a spectacular load of noise that I couldn’t identify at the time, and I’ve never got round to replacing either.

In fact I might sort that out now.

Last I heard was that Hainault had put in a bid but it’s all been tied up at the courts with other bidders due to administration

Talk about unique bikes…
https://m.facebook.com/groups/105468812901876?view=permalink&id=3263738240408235&sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=DBOfUdzF7DevvBka

No thanks

1 Like

As I say… ‘unique’

1 Like

I’ve been tempted with a saddle with a cut out. It’s a regular occurance with the indoor trainer.

Then there’s that time years ago I did a 70mile ride in non-padded shorts and had no willy feeling for 2 whole days after

1 Like

So I’ve done the research, chatted to local bikewankers, read tons of reviews, and I’ve gone for this one.

d5d4d334329131776092e2a060ff22437be913e0_2_690x422

Decided I didn’t mind having a big name on the side, and the Tarmac seems like it does everything I want for the type of cycling I enjoy the most. Pretty light for climbing, very racy but a more relaxed geometry than aero machines for the odd longer day in the saddle, di2, looks gorgeous as fuck… yep, I’m happy :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Good choice I think. Looks great too

1 Like

is that the finish you went for? looks amazing

2 Likes