Cycling Thread 3.0

day one:

there’s a long bit through derby where you’ve routed yrself along a riverside path. it’s probably fine but i would personally reroute on a proper road, or i’d avoid derby altogether (getting in and out of cities is a massive PITA and it eats up time). in fact, from about 65-87km on day one, it’s all cycle path which isn’t google streetviewable. surface might be shit.

same goes from 110-119km, 140-144km (easy re-route), 158km (easy re-route),

1 Like

You read manfromicon’s blog on his latest 600km attempt?

I’ve been through that bit of Derby cause it’s by the station and football ground, and it’s solid path, or at least the 5k of it I know is. Routed it so it comes off that path earlier, then passes over the north eastof Leicester which avoids the rest

day two:

re-route through huntington on the road, also looks like you’re going the wrong way round a one way system to me:

between 36-41km there’s a few missing streetview spots then from 42-61 there’s no streetview.

i’ve ridden that road out of cambridge, it’s fucking awful but not sure there’s another way tbh

92-95km no streeview

99-100 no streeview

102-104 no streetview

1 Like

obs streetview ain’t the be all n end all of routing but if there’s no streetview and i’m not familiar with the area i’d avoid (unless something like strava heatview says otherwise)

This is v helpful thanks. Will have a proper sit down with it tomorrow

yep. it’s pretty nonchalant innit, like yeah i was going alright and then it rained and i couldn’t be fucked.

Not sure if anyone’s been following this account over the past few weeks, but this is great:

cannot BELIEVE someone on a tagalong is ruining that penge glory

That sounds like something someone from Dulwich Paragon would say.

2 Likes

My mates son has just become National 10 Mile TT champ for under 18s. He’s 15! Beast.

3 Likes

How did you get on @plasticniki?

they’re still going afaik

We fucking did it

11 Likes

Nice one. Within the time then?

Yeah, an hour in hand. Kind of disappointing, but holy fuck the wind was absolutely horrific.

Super impressive mate. And within time is brilliant news. How do you both feel?

We’ve been better. Thought I’d feel worse than this tbf.

Rest well. 1000km next weekend then yeah

1 Like

Got my eye on a 200 actually. Pretty achey now though so probably won’t.